Take Cover =4?

Frequently asked questions and recurring questions received via other support lines.

Moderator: Essence Team

ItzElixsis
In-game user name:

Take Cover =4?

Post by ItzElixsis » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:18 pm

On the card Take Cover it has a =4 for reduce your own damage. Is this Damage the damage you would be deal to your opponent or does this work with the self inflicted damage you deal to yourself by ways of cards like Dazzle Bomb and Smoke Bomb. As far as i can tell it doesn't reduce the damage you take from Dazzle Bomb when its used. If i may i would love it if cards like Take Cover reduced damage u take from cards like Dazzle Bomb or maybe add some cards that do this! it really adds a new way to play the class/hero Instead of relying on healing yourself or having high HP. Well that was just a thought. Hope this helps improve the game. I am vary excited for this game to keep going. Maybe a section in the card Help area describeing Take Cover's =4 and how it works. Or maybe i was just being silly. Thanks for the fun! Elixsis.

ItzElixsis
In-game user name:

Re: Take Cover =4?

Post by ItzElixsis » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:45 am

So i played with this some more and yes it takes away dmg you would deal to your opponent and i understand why now the card is designed this way. I still would like to see a card that could help protect yourself against cards that are self inflicting.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:47 am

Hi,
In Topic 8, example 21, you can see how the self damage works. Currently there is no way to reduce it. It is easy for us to make the Defence or the Reduce Opponent's Damage affecting the self damage. But there are some reasons for us to keep the self damage unblockable:
1) Usually the cards that have Self Damage, have over average attribute points for their Energy Cost. This means that you really sacrifice some of your Hit Points, but you get higher damage, or defence, or whatever for cheaper amount of Energy Points.
2) The attribute Self Damage is not more than 5 points. So it is hurting only in the long run :)
3) If we make the Defence/Reduce opponent's Damage affect the self damage, these cards from point 1 will get to be too powerful and unbalanced.
4) The cards with Self Damage as a card name and description make the self damage logically unafected by your defence - for example the Orc Warrior's Reckless Rush is a reckless rush - he deals huge amount of damage, but is punished for his reckless attitude :)
5) But if you all insist, we can make some new attribute, or skill that decreases the self damage!

ItzElixsis
In-game user name:

Post by ItzElixsis » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Yes I agree balance is super important. I'm a rogue hero player and only level 10 atm, so I'm only going on what I've been playing with. Reckless Charge is a great example of self dmg on a card to balance it out. You guys are doing everything right. You could try to make some combos to reduce self dmg if it is even needed, as it is now I don't see any problems. But its and idea and could use a lot of testing. Something for the future! Can't wait for more.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:20 am

The idea of combo reducing self damage is very nice! We'll thing about it these days.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi ItzElixsis,

Just wanted to share, that we just have introduced combos, that reduce the self damage. You can check them at the catalog section in the game :)

ItzElixsis
In-game user name:

Post by ItzElixsis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:15 pm

Thanks! I'm on it already all morning! Love the dazzle bomb one!