Is Resistance Worthwile?

Frequently asked questions and recurring questions received via other support lines.

Moderator: Essence Team

Xendarii
In-game user name:

Is Resistance Worthwile?

Post by Xendarii » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:28 am

Hello, dear Eldhelm community.

I just wondered if it's worthwile to spend points in the "Resistance" stat (of the Human knight, in my case), since high-level combos often reduce the opponent's defence drastically, thus making that stat kinda senseless to me. Do you have different experiences? Or is it simply essential to play a very defense-orientated deck with heroes with many points in Resistance? Isn't it more valuable to boost HP instead to prevent those situations?

I'm looking forward to your opinions and answers. (:

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Re: Is Resistance Worthwile?

Post by Syndharos » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:54 am

Hi.
I have the same feeling, and not only about resistance, but also about might. Many cards make a great reduction in the defense and damage bonus, I believe that currently only regeneration has some value, and yet very little or when in a very high level. I believe these attributes will only make a difference once the opponent's deck is over. In my opinion, today is not good to invest in these attributes, unless you get values ​​around 25-30 or more.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Re: Is Resistance Worthwile?

Post by Essence Team » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:05 am

Syndharos is right. But you should remember that nobody can play high-level combos every turn. If the battle is short and every point of HP is dramatically important for your survival, the Resistance/Might/Regeneration are useless. But their values in long battles is indisputable as they always were. Not only of their accumulative effect (applying every turn) but also because in long battles nobody can play the mightiest combos every turn and reduce your Might/Resistance/Regeneration every turn. You can read this topic viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44 more about the use of the Resistance.
From one hand it is weaker than the Might because your goal is to kill the opponent and the Might directly helps you in achieving that. But from the other it is stronger than the Might because the Might needs at least 1 pure damage in order to be activated and the Resistance is instantly activated every turn (it is not "bonus defence", it is pure "defence").
From one hand it is weaker than the Regeneration because when the opponent heals or does anything but attacking your Regeneration is useless and with Regeneration you will heal your HP. But from the other hand Resistance is stronger than the Regeneration because it can save your ass in a critical situation (it applies during the damage calculations and the Regeneration being "heal" will not apply if you got killed).