cards that negate attack.

Frequently asked questions and recurring questions received via other support lines.

Moderator: Essence Team

Gremdall
In-game user name:

cards that negate attack.

Post by Gremdall » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:30 pm

When I've been playing some battle rounds my attack is negated and im not sure why. The cards in play don't give any clues to why my attack has been negated. I'm playing orc warrior against an elf hero. Please help me understand why.

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Re: cards that negate attack.

Post by Syndharos » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:18 pm

The passive regeneration of the elf sometimes seems much like a prevent damage, in fact I remember sometimes when I delivered lethal damage and the elf stay alive as if the regeneration reduced the damage.

Like: elf had 8 HP left; regeneration 20, then I hit with 10 damage, and the elf ends with 18 HP. :cry:

I dont know if it changed, but if that is not the case check if there is no passive reduce damage as well.

Hope it helps ;)

Gremdall
In-game user name:

Post by Gremdall » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:09 am

Hi and thanks for the reply. :P

I'm not sure if it's something to do with the calmness. I have had it happen with all different hero classes.
Usually on my first go if I put down a high damage set of cards the damage gets added up but not taken from the opponents health.

Could it be something to do with the rarity of the card I'm playing and the calmness together. I've looked in FA section and on here but ive not found anything to help me. :mrgreen:

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:29 pm

could you name the cards you are playing? or a picture?
Maybe the cards you played are Bonus Dmage, and not Real Damage.
Bonus damage cards need at least 1 point of real damage to take effect.

Make sure to chek if there is no "+" next to the value of damage.

Gremdall
In-game user name:

Post by Gremdall » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Well upon reading your reply I've been back to play and I found I've been a complete noob.
The card I was playing are bonus damage so all sorted and thank you very much for helping for without people like yourself I and im sure many others would have gone on doing the same and loosing.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:58 am

Yes, I was just going to ask you are you not playing bonus damage (with +) - it will deal 0 damage without "pure" damage present.

Regarding the Calmness - it applies only on those cards which have Calmness icon and if you are in the Calmness zone of the card (in the beginning of the battle) you just cannot play the card (and not you play the card but its attributes are not applied).

Regarding the heal vs damage - first the damage applies and then the healing. In the stated case "elf had 8 HP left; regeneration 20, then I hit with 10 damage" you should kill the elf - first you remove his hit points (he dies) and he cannot heal. For more info you can read this topic, examples 1 and 3

Syndharos, thanks for helping around :)

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Regarding the heal vs damage; I konw how it is supposed to work, but I was just telling what I been through when I used to play more, that is why I said that I dont know if it still happens.
And its my pleasure to help everyone to get the best experience in this game, couse if you aint having a good time with Battlegrounds of Eldhelm "you're doing it wrong!" 8-)