Does skill Ferocity Mastery work?

Frequently asked questions and recurring questions received via other support lines.

Moderator: Essence Team

Naga02
In-game user name:

Does skill Ferocity Mastery work?

Post by Naga02 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:23 pm

I completed the training of the first level of ferocity mastery. I confirmed it is active in my battles, but I don't see it working as I expect it to. The description say it will decrease the duration of my enemies attacks. However, all of their 2 duration cards still last for two rounds, and the 3 duration cards still last for three rounds, etc.

Is this bugged our am I misunderstanding how it works?

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Re: Does skill Ferocity Mastery work?

Post by Essence Team » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:17 am

Hi,
There is no bug but a misunderstanding. I just read the description of the skill - it is misleading and we should change it. We have explanation of the skills in this topic but that is not enough maybe.

The key word in the name of the attributes that this skill provide is "bonus". Bonus increase/decrease duration - as every other attribute with the word "bonus" this attribute applies only when a normal attribute increase/decrease duration is present. This means that that skill will apply only when you play a card with attribute "decrease opponent's duration". For example if you play the common for melee card Resistance which has the attribute "Decrease Duration" = 2 and you have learned the skill Ferocity Mastery with attribute "Bonus Decrease Duration" = 1, you will decrease the duration of your opponent's cards with 2+1=3. The same logic applies for the Bonus Increase Duration - applies only when you play card with Increase Duration attribute.

The reason - if the attributes of these skills apply every turn with no question, they will be too overpowered. A player without those skills will have no chance against a player with those skills.

Naga02
In-game user name:

Post by Naga02 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Ah, ok. Now that makes sense. I agree, it would be overpowered if it worked on all normal card durations, which is why I immediately trained it after I read the description. :-)

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:27 am

Yes, but you should not feel like screwed :) Because usually the skill levels that give bonus increase duration are more valuable (you can literally have 10-15 active cards just because you constantly increase their duration) and most importantly - the enemy can build such a dangerous list of active cards. And if you don't have dispell to clean them your only chance to deal with this situation (multiple cards with duration + cards with increase duration boosted with skill with bonus increase duration - very common especially for Elf Keepers) is to use some card with decrease duration + skill with bonus decrease duration.