Why do some cards drawn from the random deck appear larger?

Frequently asked questions and recurring questions received via other support lines.

Moderator: Essence Team

chew13
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:43 pm
In-game user name: chew

Why do some cards drawn from the random deck appear larger?

Post by chew13 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi,

This question has been killing me. Why is it that some cards that are drawn from the random deck appear larger sized than normal?

Is there anything special about these cards?

1mb4k4
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:26 am
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Re: Why do some cards drawn from the random deck appear larg

Post by 1mb4k4 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:16 pm

I am not sure what you mean.
It sounds like graphical glitch. All cards are the same size...

Regards,

chew13
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:43 pm
In-game user name: chew

Re: Why do some cards drawn from the random deck appear larg

Post by chew13 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Here is an image to show what I mean. This appears randomly at both mine and the opponent's side. Not very often, and the cards that get "up-sized" are random.

Image

Is it just a graphic glitch?

Motylek
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:11 pm
In-game user name:

Re: Why do some cards drawn from the random deck appear larg

Post by Motylek » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:55 am

Hello,

Just additional question, that may help in troubleshooting. I noticed, it is maximized window, but not fullscreen. Did you encounter this trouble when playing in fullscreen window? (rectangle button in upper right corner) I have seen some graphical glitches before, but it was always occurring when I was originally playing in fullscreen and then in the middle of game switched to other application (cancelling fullscreen in process) and such. So, did you face this in fullscreen too? And were you switching between applications during playing Eldhelm?

Best regards
Motylek

1mb4k4
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:26 am
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Re: Why do some cards drawn from the random deck appear larg

Post by 1mb4k4 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:20 am

If you roll your mouse over a card it should rise and enlarge...
Does this happen on your side? Maybe if you move the mouse in a specific way the card get's locked somehow...
If you hover he mouse again does it return back to normal?

Regards,

chew13
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:43 pm
In-game user name: chew

Re: Why do some cards drawn from the random deck appear larg

Post by chew13 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Yes, this happens during fullscreen too.

It does not look like the other graphic glitches and seem perfectly normal, which was what set me wondering if this is a trigger for some sort of bonus or such.
Motylek wrote:Hello,

Just additional question, that may help in troubleshooting. I noticed, it is maximized window, but not fullscreen. Did you encounter this trouble when playing in fullscreen window? (rectangle button in upper right corner) I have seen some graphical glitches before, but it was always occurring when I was originally playing in fullscreen and then in the middle of game switched to other application (cancelling fullscreen in process) and such. So, did you face this in fullscreen too? And were you switching between applications during playing Eldhelm?

Best regards
Motylek

chew13
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:43 pm
In-game user name: chew

Re: Why do some cards drawn from the random deck appear larg

Post by chew13 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:50 pm

This is not that. The card just come out larger than the rest and when played, it is large-sized as well. Occasionally, this happens on the opponent side too, totally random.
1mb4k4 wrote:If you roll your mouse over a card it should rise and enlarge...
Does this happen on your side? Maybe if you move the mouse in a specific way the card get's locked somehow...
If you hover he mouse again does it return back to normal?

Regards,

1mb4k4
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:26 am
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Re: Why do some cards drawn from the random deck appear larg

Post by 1mb4k4 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:01 pm

That's odd. Never seen this issue before. Are you running the latest release?

Regards,

chew13
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:43 pm
In-game user name: chew

Re: Why do some cards drawn from the random deck appear larg

Post by chew13 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Yes.
1mb4k4 wrote:That's odd. Never seen this issue before. Are you running the latest release?

Regards,

1mb4k4
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:26 am
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Re: Why do some cards drawn from the random deck appear larg

Post by 1mb4k4 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Could you try playing on eldhelm.com or us.eldhelm.com and tell me whether you encounter the same issue there also?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest