Nidra Campaign Impossible for Rogue! (Solution!)

Read tips tricks and learn how to get started and get good. Ask questions and get answers regarding your progress.

Moderator: Essence Team

ItzElixsis
In-game user name:

Nidra Campaign Impossible for Rogue! (Solution!)

Post by ItzElixsis » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:59 am

Ive been at this girl for 5 hours... i can't beat her. Nidra From the Campaign.
She heals way too much. Defends any attack...
I try to outlast her by getting her to use up her good stuff first... 50 turns later she still beats me and she is full health..
It is impossible for a Rogue to do without the absolute best cards.. like the master plan or Death Trap.... how do you even get those cards anyway? the luck game? not gonna happen. And your going to need more than one of those cards also. i have 3 Shadow Strike, Backstab, Ambush..
I even tried Honor Guidance to stop her from getting good cards... nope didnt work even after 3 of them.
I tried Posion Dagger one.... nope it doesn't stop 17 health from being regen twice.....
what do i do? i think im done.

My problems are, Cleansing, Shield Dome and Elder's Song. Mostly because they last for 2 rounds/turns. I don't have that ammount of firepower to keep going. Orc Yes but not a Rogue.. something needs fixing here. or i am missing something.

I don't need to see an answer of this is the boss of the Campaign its supposed to be difficult... well its too hard. Im sorry. Sorry for my Frustration ive been at this a long time trying to win this match. If for some reason I am totally blanking on how to win this please let me know and i will apologize. Do i have to bribe her? i really didn't want it to come down to that.
Last edited by ItzElixsis on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Re: Nidra Campaign Impossible for Rogue

Post by Essence Team » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:40 am

Hi,
If your nickname in the forum is the same in the game, I checked your hero ItzElixsis. I can tell you several things:
1) Maybe you must consider a stat reset. You have pumped Energy Points much more than you actually need. For a Human Rogue 17 level 120-140 Energy Points is maybe ok (if we say you haven't found the most powerful mythical cards). Around 150 Energy Points for a Human Rogue is the optimum for a high level rogue. The most expensive mythical cards of the rogue has 125 energy cost, but you will rarely be in situation when you want to (and can) play 2 mythical cards in one single turn. So it's better to invest the rest of your stats in Hit Points and/or Resistance.
2) Nidra is level 20, but all the campaign enemies have pumped up stats (20% more), so she actually has parameters of an Elf Keeper level 24. So the 7 levels difference between her and your hero is big - these are 7*5=35 stat points more. She is too strong for your hero at this point and yes, you need very strong deck to overpower her. Try to beat the weaker quest enemies first, get more experience from the other game types (playing against regular computer or other players) in order to level up.
3) You should read this topic for more tips and info about the Human Rogue character. He is weaker in the beginning and can be hard and frustrating as you said, but later on it gets very very strong. Also there is a rock-paper-scissors situation here - the Human Rogue is a little stronger than the Orc Warrior, the Orc Warrior is a little stronger than the Elf Keeper and the Elf Keeper is a little stronger than the Human Rogue. So you must expect to have hard times beating Elf Keepers that are higher level.

ItzElixsis
In-game user name:

Post by ItzElixsis » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:41 pm

Thanks guys for giveing me some help on this.
Okay well i will say this. I didn't fully read that topic when it got down to the part about elf keeper, now i have. Sadly i already knew this about the elf keeper just by playing against her for 5 Hours lol. And i understand how i could have set up my Stats. It seems like to me though putting points into resistance is the same as putting it into HP? If i understand your example correctly. If so then why would i ever put points into Resistance?

Second thing is it has never let me put any stat points into resistance, might or regeneration. It has always been grayed out, im guessing its because you don't get enough points when you level at each level to put any into them.
I might try a stat reset but i have grown to really like my setup. I love being able to use 2 Shadow Strike in one turn for 168 EP. that ends up being 40 dmg that is vary hard to block. I can Also use Shadow Strike with Ambush or Critical Hit or even Backstab giveing me 30 dmg in one turn. My whole plan is deal as much dmg as fast as i can. Haveing a High EP makes cards that reduce my EP useless thus giveing me a card advantage on a player with no knowledge of how my deck is set up. So if i can deal dmg faster i will win while my opponent trys to block my dmg or do anything else but race me to see who can kill who faster, or outlast me by regaining HP faster than i can deal dmg and slowly pick away my HP.. this is my weakness. exactly what the elf does at high levels.

Im not giveing up. I want to do this my way lol. Nidra will die!!!

ItzElixsis
In-game user name:

Post by ItzElixsis » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Yes I did it! I won!

Here is how i did it.

step 1. Don't draw from you collector deck at first..

step 2. Bait Nidra into using all her Cards from her Collector deck. might last up to 30 turns!

step 3. Once your confident She has no more healing cards or resistance cards left start drawing from your collector deck.

step 4. Attack!!!! took a easy 4 turns and i had her dead after all of that. think i ended up on turn 45 or something like that.

step 5. Cheer!

step 6. ItzElixsis will Apologize >.> lol I am sorry for claiming it was Impossible. It can be done!

I only had 65 HP max and no Resistance points. I was level 17 I think. maybe 18.

Inanen
In-game user name:

Re: Nidra Campaign Impossible for Rogue! (Solution!)

Post by Inanen » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:42 pm

That's awesome man! I'm glad you defeated her finally. I did a similar strategy with her myself, although it took me quite a bit longer to kill her with my Elf Keeper. I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 65+ rounds.

ItzElixsis
In-game user name:

Post by ItzElixsis » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:28 pm

Thanks! I got stuck on Cade I think is his name.. a Rogue. He is a lvl 30. I was 20, I ended up beating him too after many tries. Now for fun I reset my stats just to test out the might option... I didn't like it at all, so I went back and now it costs 2000 coins... instead of 200. A warning would have been nice. I'm trying so hard to get the cards Prayer and Devotion with no luck. I bought 3 packs at 1500 coins and nothing. Didn't even take a card from any of them.. what a mistake I did. Thinking about starting over from scratch. I don't care for the elf and the orc seems too powerful. I think I need a break from the game.

Inanen
In-game user name:

Post by Inanen » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:12 pm

The Elf rocks the casba man! It's taken me a little while to get the side deck set up, ,now that its good to go I can typically lead with at least one combo. And might have another to play the next round. Right now I'm level 27 and am taking a break from yhe Elf to work on myRogue. Because well his side deck is abysmal as you can attest to.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:08 am

I'm glad that you managed to kill Nidra. Actually you did an amazing stuff beating heroes from higher level! As I said the easiest way to beat such heroes is to level up first and meet them when you're prepared (you're closer the the level of the opponent).
Regarding the Resistance issue - as maybe you read in the topic about the Rogue and the examples, it's all math. The Might/Resistance/Regeneration give something for each turn. So the longer the battle is, the more profitable the Might/Resistance/Regeneration are. And vice versa - the HP boost is always good, but is not profitable in longer battles, because you receive the same amount of HP in the beginning of the battle and the number of turns of the battle is irrelevant. So it's all about strategy.
You have a point that we should make a warning at the stats reset, that it gets more expensive at some point. There is reason for that - we want the players to have the opportunity to switch their strategy, but don't want to give them the option to make switches after every battle - this will be unfair for all those guys that have spent some time to think very carefully when and what stats to boost. There are high level players with zero stat resets.
Also, about the stats themselves and the fact that you see some parameters in gray - you receive 5 stat points at each level up, and some of the parameters cost more (like Resistance for the rogue cost 7 stat points). So if you want for example to boost your Resistance, you'll need to spent not more than 3 stat points at your next level up, and leave 2 stats unused. Than in your next level up, you will receive 5 stat points more (so you will now have 2+5=7 stat points) and you will be able to boost 1 Resistance. You can read this topic for more info.
In the next releases we'll introduce >1 collector deck and something like a stash, where you'll be able to keep all the cards you buy from the market, so I hope there will be not a situation where you lose a card that you have bought.

ItzElixsis
In-game user name:

Post by ItzElixsis » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks for the help!

So excited for the extra collector deck area.