Starting a Human Rogue

Read tips tricks and learn how to get started and get good. Ask questions and get answers regarding your progress.

Moderator: Essence Team

Inanen
In-game user name:

Starting a Human Rogue

Post by Inanen » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:11 am

I'm sure that anyone who has ever attempted to start the infamous Human Rogue has come to the conclusion that they are the most difficult hero to begin. (Particularly if you've got any experience with the other two heroes.) While the Essence Team has provided us with an excellent guide to the Rogue it doesn't really detail the fledgling Rogue very well. I am hoping that this guide will help those new to the Rogue, or those thinking about starting one.

First and foremost you will want to become familiarized with theRogues available cards. From the most common to mythical. Additionally, be sure you know the rookie and the intermediate combos. With that being said on to the meat:

1. I always set the difficulty rating to "HARD," because you will get the most experience/gold. 8/32 respectfully. So if you defeat the first Computer opponent you'll have some okay cards for future battles and have gained a level right out of the gate.

2. Play against the Computer or other players until you reach level 10. It shouldn't take more than half a hour. All the while build up your side deck to one of the following combos: Holy Stalk or Purifying Poison. The reason for this is that if you are able to get 3 of a single intermediate combo in your side deck; than the odds of your being able to get a combo on the draw greatly increases.

2A. So with 3 intermediate combos (as the Rogue I-combos are 3 cards to play: 3 x 3 = 9) level 10, that allows you 11 additional cards to have in your side deck to be chosen by you. I would recommend that you have some defensive abilities stashed away.

3. It is my recommendation that you save all the gold that you've won from your various battles to purchase skills later when you have the opportunity to. Of course you may have to purchase a few of the 10 pack card packs to attain the combos mentioned above.

To be continued shortly

If you have anything to add do so I'd be interested to hear others views.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Re: Starting a Human Rogue

Post by Essence Team » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:47 am

Very nice post! Hope the new players will have easier time leveling up their Human Rogues!