Balanced Elf Keeper deck

Read tips tricks and learn how to get started and get good. Ask questions and get answers regarding your progress.

Moderator: Essence Team

Inanen
In-game user name:

Balanced Elf Keeper deck

Post by Inanen » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 pm

Just curious, but has anyone created, or come against an Elf Keeper deck that was well balanced on offensive and defensive? Was just wondering because I have yet to find one myself.

I think eddi82 said it previously, but I don't want to believe him. I'm sure some one out there has created a decent elven deck.

ItzElixsis
In-game user name:

Re: Balanced Elf Keeper deck

Post by ItzElixsis » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:54 am

Idk if there will be a winning balanced offence and defence. but i do challenge anyone to do this. With the elf keeper my opinion is there is only a offencive deck or a defencive deck.

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:06 am

There is a Elf Keeper that have a very good deck, but its most becouse of his skills.
For example, he have 4 of each cards, and his cards wich increase/decrease duration are also boosted by skills.
So he pratcly set 4 bear spirit in wich one of them makes combo with Nature Spirit, and spam Amplify Magic every time one of them is about to end.
Realy is a pain to beat it since his Amplify Magic add+3 duration!
SO he pratcly plays alone if you dont have a very large EP to be able to cast a dispel.
Very hard to beat, dont know if a deck based on it withou the skills can work this good.

Inanen
In-game user name:

Post by Inanen » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:26 am

That's awesome! Yeah I was definitely going to look into a few of those skills. I am being that once tone invested the time and gold into your elf she'll be on par with any other race/hero out there. Thanks for the info Syndharos

eddi282
In-game user name:

Post by eddi282 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:20 am

The combos described are just tested, I wanna really play with bears because I love them. I had 3 bears in my early dech and 3 nature spirit, on begin, but when I lost 85 hp on first turn because i put a bear and a defence is useless. I had 3 amplify magic too (now 2) but elves can only dispell quikly, not reduce times like human, and if you dispell, you lost many combos. My best combos at 40 level was to amplify 2 wolf of terror (so 2 combos of 3), a combo bear spirit (in amplify energy reduced perhaps to 0, people can't play), 2 others defence (24 more or less) and 3 equip (all this for 4 times or more with the third amplify). But is useless, i repeat, if my best damage with 2 combo of 3 is 60, 70 if my opponent make me 165 damages, for example. I don't wanna play only in defence, I wanna to attack too but bests for me now is to have 3 brutal hurricanes (70 damages more or less) and I can play the 5 cards combo that is powerfull but not so much and so easy, but for example if i have to chose if dispell or not, I'm forced to choose dispell, also if I have cards in play (half of combo). And If I fuck my best combo is impossible attack. Only difend. For my experience my deck, grow and become mortal on 5-6 turn, with help of amplify magic that boost attack and defence too. But please, let me know how attack and not keep 170 damages. Now in max I have 250 in costitution and an attack of 170 for example can keep me to 80. How can I do if I had attacked but not defense? There are attack for elves that in combos attack and defend (so can arrive to 60 or just something up), but useless because attack is not enougt and you lost half of life in a shoot. The other shot you lost and your best attack is useless. I repeat, my deck is not defensive deck, in first 3 turns I parry and launch 3 brutal hurricanes (70+70+70) more or less, but for example hurricane can't amplify, and is one for turn. If in 3 turns I had 3 amplify brutal hurricanes I had win surely. So now I try suggestions of deck posted in "about attack and defence", and try to amplify another time, but so I ask if possible a card for elves that help to reduce time and not dispell, like humans for example. So now I'm in full knight deck build, and in knights I find the hope... I joke. So I can do other test and then I let you know.

Thanks for suggestions and gg for all!

eddi282
In-game user name:

Post by eddi282 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:22 am

Another thing, I thy the way of skills, but try this too late, there we need many times to aquire a skill. So I have to wait or reborn.

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:32 am

I just checked my battle log, and the hero name is Siren, its player is Erik414
in case anyone wants to add and chalenge to feel it ;)

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Post by Gigaplex » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Syndharos wrote:I just checked my battle log, and the hero name is Siren, its player is Erik414
in case anyone wants to add and chalenge to feel it ;)
Played this person last night. He has a nice setup that requires you to run 4 additional cards in your deck To bad for anyone planning on running this in the tournament. Because it all depends on the other person not dispelling Kings Light. Once dispelled the game is over.

eddi282
In-game user name:

Post by eddi282 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:20 pm

I work very hard trying to find a very competitive deck. I used suggestions of many of you, but I reduce my research to have no more than 15-17 cards in my deck, with some of best combos, but not all. My spirit of game, I tell many times, is to grow solwly but repeat all, and with a deck of 40 cards for example I was able to repeat 3-4-5 combos for 3-4 times, and this is a great attack! Using 3 amplify magic I can play everything and all my combos was qcentrated on repetition in time. So, in this way I was able to calibrate repetition of defence and attack and wait my best. And vs dispells too. The worst for this kind of play is resistance that put of mine but not opponent's cards. But for rules elves are less strong ( so hp less easy to have) and in this is very relevant on play because if opponent make a very strong damage, elves can't take many time for regenerate, because regenerate is usesfull on tactics but not in first strike turns. So what I found is that the best card for elves can be the bear, that in combo with nature spirit create a degradation of energy's enemy that if cycled or just you have 2 bears in hand chan keep energy to 0 and your's up. So is very important because enemy can't do nothing with no energy. So if pass this combo is good, because you have time for grow and repeat. Bears themselves reduce -40 at energy, so 2 bears are -80 x 2 if they don't be dispelled (better than immobilize for human's) So my suggest 2 or 3 bears and 2 or 3 nature spirit! Than think to attack! For me is fool to think at the best combo with 3 heroic cards + 2 mithicals because of large use of dispells. Is so hard to have the 3 heroic on play for more than 2 turns, and they are cards on surplus because need to use 17-20 max cards, so for me 2 or 3 brutal hurricanes are the best choose, because they make a strong damage. So 2 or 3 hurricanes, 1 orc ferocity and 2 or 3 spiritualism (now I use 1 of them but I don't know). Then surely 2 or 3 dispells, if you don't have a dispell and others have 3 honor of guidance game is finished! You can't play your deck. You can use disturbance to not dispell all, but is -1 time and can't nothing vs heroic cards. So 1 or 2 unicorn to put more attack, human tactics in combo with light guardian and spiritualism (the same of brutal hurricane). and royal blood that pump your cards in game and combo with light guardian. So A shadow of the forest in combo with royal blood (strong +52 more or less damage) and at your coise amplify magic, soul illness and or purify rain. the elfish heroic card, elf vigor, is not used because make nothig of important for me, i lost this too. So for me this is for moment best for elves, you can amuse finding other combos to change deck, but in this moment I sugget not to use more than 20-25 cards deck ( but better less than 20) because if you find a 15 cards deck orc you can defy easley if you don't have right cards on 1-2 turn.
So about costitution, I take 130 in hp and 30 regeneration, but I don't know, maybe more, maybe less... There are cards that can put regeneration =0 , so is not so much productive invest in regeneration, but if you can regenerate good in first turns you can stay alive when bears begin to take effects!

If possible a suggestion for staff, In this moment heroic cards are more important for others than elves because most of rookie combos are on amlpify number of cards in hand, slots not used and nothing more (they are not good also because they crash others possible combos usesfull. So from sacrifical soul lifting that can make 30 damge more or less and strongest soul, that add slots, the choise is slots). People can make 50 damage with a rookie combo, and also elves now with royal blood and shadow of forest (53 attack and 12 defence + a slot in play!). This is in my opinion the way, make combos for heroic elves that can defend or attack, and not only produce slots. Thanks as all times for the great work.

I play right yesterday vs Siren, so was a good match and I learn very much. So I though that for win I need to have only best cards and I trow my first possibility, but bears are very strong!!! No game if they starts! Thanks for all suggestions and I hope elves race grow more and more!

eddi282
In-game user name:

Post by eddi282 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:05 pm

So is nit true that elves are no competitive, in this days I play many matches vs elves and me too was an elf, and need only a right calibration. Now for example I try to keep off all "energy reduction" cards (because many humans can gain +80, so is the same) and concentrate on attack. There are amny combos possible to make a strong attack, so can make also 120 damage for turn for 2 turns with right cards. And is is enough to take a win. So, in my opinion is important to equilibrate regeneration and life, so take some cards for regenerate. And it's all, just need to try and test. Thanks at all!