Hello Mr. Brick wall

Read tips tricks and learn how to get started and get good. Ask questions and get answers regarding your progress.

Moderator: Essence Team

Torrentula
In-game user name:

Hello Mr. Brick wall

Post by Torrentula » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:24 am

I'm at level 43.in main campaign I have the 3 quests left vs level 40-50 to get heroic cards. All of a sudden the AI on normal has mythical and heroic cards yet I've seen none. If mythical cards are. 025 percent chance from random deck that means on average 2.5 per 10000 cards or 1 in 4000. If my average game is 4 minutes with 5 cards drawn. That's 800 games at 4 minutes. 26 hours later with 20 gold per game on normal is a whole 16,000 gold and 1 Mythical card. Roughly 4 times more needed games played/hours above because since we need to add probabilities of getting another race card.

I sure hope I'm severely wrong in my math here. Clearly getting gold and mythical cards is insanely low. I can try the game of luck but that feature to me shouldn't exist nor the market for that matter. we should be finding our cards. At earlier levels its easy to draw multiple cards off the deck. Higher levels ill be lucky to pull a few because I rely so heavily on combos which is the purpose of making a deck, to use it. So I meet the dreaded brick wall.

Any thoughts?

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Re: Hello Mr. Brick wall

Post by Syndharos » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:15 am

Hello there.
My advice would be not to count on random deck for mythicals and gold, depending on the character you r using you better choose xp, instead of gold.

Every time I beated the game I did without Mythical cards. Try to get some strong combos you can make many times and figure against wich race it works better. Then go after the Heroic card of that race you can beat first, once you get that card add some cards to make good combos with the new heroic card you have and go after the other races card.

I dont know wich Hero you´r using but mostly we get the Human Card card first since its the easyer to get with any race.

Finishing the missions will give you enough gold to play the Game of Luck many times to get Mythicals, I just hope you had saved as much as possible till there, so you will have about 60-90k gold, wich is enought to get about 4-6 Mythicals.

Good luck there!

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Post by Gigaplex » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:26 pm

Beat the campaign and spend the money via Game Of Luck. Don't listen to that crap of playing forever in search of one mythical card. I had a huge discussion with the developers about time and it's .025 per card. It reset with every card pulled which gives you a better chance of winning the lottery. Game of Luck is the only sure fire way to pick up cards.

Torrentula
In-game user name:

Post by Torrentula » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:46 am

im a human knight. Using combos is not a problem. Managed to get ranking online of 74. The problem is I have to draw from my deck at higher levels vs random area because I rely on combos to survive. ill never beat the AI with 250 health pulling from random pile. Its counter intuitive. I build a deck to use it but the more I use it the less likely ill get new cards. The game forces this on you the more you level up and need to be using combos.

yeah I could save that gold for the game of luck but thats lame. If I only get say 5 of them then I redo a character all the way to 50 again to hopefully get 8 this time? I want motivatiion to hunt for them through playing the game. Slowly finding and building my deck. I wanted to save my gold for skill purchases. Regardless of how I spend the gold the amount I get is minuscule compared to time played. Odds of finding mythical cards same thing. Everything costs to much vs reward if I were to grind out my deck and gold.

Well ill come back in a few months perhaps. if I still see 20 gold reward playing my first battle ill know nothing has really changed. uninstalled for now. Good game overall but lacks motivation to keep playing for me. Good luck.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:14 am

Torrentula, completing the 2 campaigns gives you high enough gold to purchase whatever you want (Game of Luck). The gold you receive from regular games (vs AI, or in Challenge or in Ranking games, where you get more gold) is enough to purchase from the market enough card packs to find any rare/elite/epic card.

But you are all right that at this point it's pointless to draw cards from the random deck vs other player or vs normal/hard AI at high level. Currently we are working on these two new features:
1) Tournaments, which will give additional opportunities to win gold, mythical cards and other goodies;
2) A new feature which will make the Random Deck more attractive at high levels, but at this point I can't say what exactly this will be :)