Orc Marauding - Imbalanced?

Read tips tricks and learn how to get started and get good. Ask questions and get answers regarding your progress.

Moderator: Essence Team

Asrathus
In-game user name:

Orc Marauding - Imbalanced?

Post by Asrathus » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:23 am

I feel that Marauding is one of the most imbalanced cards out there. At a low cost of 40 E.P., Orcs get to reduce the opponent's buff area by 2 for 6 turns! If you work the maths out, the Orc player has to spend only 3+ E.P. to take away one buff slot from the other player. How cheap can this even be? To make things worse, it's only ranked Elite in rarity, making it easier for players to spam the card (and yes, it is the Computer's favorite card). Since I'm a Human Knight player, I find this to be really unfair as the cards needed to counter Marauding are either Dispel, 40 E.P. or Resistance 50, E.P. (only partially in this case since it reduces the duration by 2).

Can someone care to explain to me why the Orc race still needs such an imbalanced card when it is already powerful enough as it is?

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Re: Orc Marauding - Imbalanced?

Post by Essence Team » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:17 am

Hi,
I have to disagree with you. As a Human Knight player, you have the card Leadership, costing the same amount of EP (40) and being Elite card by rarity, giving the option to play 3 cards in 2 turns. Marauding is actually defensive card, preventing you from playing strong combos in the early-to-mid levels (as you level up, your buff slots increase and the value of Marauding is decreasing). But the value of Leadership is always high. And it can be used both offensively and defensively.