Strategies needed for...

Read tips tricks and learn how to get started and get good. Ask questions and get answers regarding your progress.

Moderator: Essence Team

Nikodemus
In-game user name:

Strategies needed for...

Post by Nikodemus » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:57 pm

First campaign(rouge) bosses. I'm stumped on each one.

Nikodemus
In-game user name:

Re: Strategies needed for...

Post by Nikodemus » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:56 am

Lively forum we have here.

Nekrolux
In-game user name:

Post by Nekrolux » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi, yeah it´s crazy nobody answers to my post either.

You should try to do some training matches, earn cards and golds. Take note that the higher the difficulty you chose, the more xp and gold you'll earn. (Very easy is 2 gold 2 xp, very hard is 20+ gold and 14xp)

It got me levels and good cards. Very hard isn't that hard.
Do you already have a card combo? It helps a lot.
What about your energy points? Did you add some to your max pool?

Nekrolux

Naga02
In-game user name:

Post by Naga02 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:02 pm

I'm an Orc player, so I don't know how much help I can offer, but here is one thing I found when playing AI opponents:

1. AI opponents tend to have set combos they try to pull off repeatedly in their collector deck. Once you learn what those combos are, you can put cards in your deck to counter them. For example, cards that reduce the number of buffs they can have, reduce duration of cards, or even just reduce base damage. If you find a way to foul up the AI's combo, they sometimes just "give up". I've seen it before where it just decides not to play any cards and discards two each round, allowing for an easy victory.

Nikodemus
In-game user name:

Post by Nikodemus » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:16 pm

Thanks guys. I'm coming to the conclusion that rouge just isn't good enough at any one thing. It kinda sucks that we only get one character for free but I'm considering starting over with an orc. I would like to see the rouge get a boost in the damage reduction area. I think that would bring them a bit more into balance. I'm not giving up on the rouge yet though. I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks for the replies.

Edit: My highest level combo is stealth trap. The biggest problem I am having its dealing with the bosses' heroic and mythical cards. Their duration is crazy. Using dispel cards just isn't enough.

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Best card for ranged characters is Strategy, +1,-1 duration, try to keep combos on table that reduce enemy EP, or lock his deck, if you can make the combo that uses wisdow strategy and the -1 duration card to make the +3,-3 you can handle enough to go on.
For campaing short control or high damage decks are your best choice IMO.

And yes this forum was once much more alive, hope it gets like that again, I will try to help as I can. C ya.

Nikodemus
In-game user name:

Post by Nikodemus » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:31 pm

Thank you. I ha've beaten the rouge in the first campaign since I originally posted here. I've come close to beating the other 2 several times. Just can't quite get there. The Orc really kicks my ass. lol I'm still learning how to use the Human Tactics card. I know I haven't realized it's full potential yet. Any advice on how to use it effectively?

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:03 pm

There isnt a good way to use it alone :/
I think the best you can do is to try to beat the elf boss spaming "holy trap" combo and cards that reduce regeneration.
Try to use honor guidance and keep it on the table for a long while with + duration combo.
Wish you good luck!

Nikodemus
In-game user name:

Post by Nikodemus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:22 am

After a bit of thinking I decided to restart. I went with the Orc. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.

Silentsins
In-game user name:

Post by Silentsins » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:10 pm

"Thanks guys. I'm coming to the conclusion that rouge just isn't good enough at any one thing."

IMO the underlying issue with rouge is that the overall card/combo quality for the class is poor at the elite rarity on down. Out of all the classes, I had the most problems with rogue in the first campaign and the least issues in the second and third thanks to an access to the full set... In contrast, I found Orc to be one of the fastest and easiest to level with limited cards except for vs keeper npcs, which just got harder and harder.

I find that all the classes have the same two rough spots in leveling: one just before level 30 where the npcs start chaining buff denial which probably wrecks the one good combo you have available at the time, and the second one at the first campaign bosses. The first hurdle gets easier when you hit 30, and the second involves doing the bosses in the right order + luck.

One last thing worth mentioning: the dispel combo (toughness, dispel, x) completely wrecks the computer AI at all levels, especially on the first turn. Only problem is that the combo demands that you build your deck around it...