Need help advancing

Read tips tricks and learn how to get started and get good. Ask questions and get answers regarding your progress.

Moderator: Essence Team

cmd1095
In-game user name: cmd1095

Need help advancing

Post by cmd1095 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:19 am

Ok, I'm an Orc warrior, level 52, and I have not won any of my last 20 games

I have completed the "right of the strong" campaign line, so I have my 3 heroic cards, I have powerful combos, 12 might, 200 HP, and I even have a mythic card (shattering strike)

And yet, no matter who I fight, if they are even REMOTELY close to me in level, I get brutally murdered and barely even put up a fight. I can't even seem to do damage to anyone, which is freaking stupid, because my class is supposed to SPECIALIZE in dealing damage

I've spent the gold I earned so far on training all of the skills related to combat, which are still in the process of being trained, but now I'm broke, I can't win any matches, I can't advance in the campaign because all of the computers are a higher level than me, and fighting training matches gets me so little I could fight 1000 more and not level up

I've SEEN higher level orcs, so I know it must be possible to get past this point of complete uselessness. But I don't have the slightest idea what that is.

Does anybody know how I can either start winning matches, or get to a point where I can level and get strong enough to do so?

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Re: Need help advancing

Post by Essence Team » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Please give me your in-game user name here or in PM. I want to first observe your heroes and collector decks before giving you advices :)

cmd1095
In-game user name: cmd1095

Post by cmd1095 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:32 pm

I'll give it in both, whichever you check first

my username in game is cmd1095, same as it is here

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:51 am

Ok, I took a look at your hero Urgsulum.
1) His stats are OK (although I have seen some very successful Orc Warriors with more EP with the aim to play >1 mythical cards within 1 turn).
2) Speaking of mythical cards - you need more at this level. They unlock the most powerful combos (for each character) and you can't win if you don't make those combos (from time to time at least) and your opponents are doing them all the time. The easiest way to harvest mythical cards is from the game of luck. It's seems expensive way, but actually is not - you get good cards or decent return of your gold investment. Especially at the last level of the game of luck (costing ~10k gold). Even if you don't have luck.
3) I noticed that in both of Urgsulum's decks you have only 1 Dispell. You need to have in EACH of your decks the maximum number of Dispells. You can increase this number with skills, but anyway - you need to have 3 Dispells in each deck. And also all type of cards with label "reduce opponent's card duration". This also can be boosted with skills. Why? Because unlike the other characters, most of the Orc Warrior's cards and combos last only 1 turn. This has cons and pros. The pros are that you can hit them so hard in 1 turn that they die before they heal. Some Orc Warriros keep ultra short decks with the most ultimate cards, making in the first turns the most devastating combos and hit the enemy very hard from the beginning - before they can manage to gather adequate defensive/healing cards. Also nobody can stop you from doing those combos, because they have duration 1 and cannot be dispelled or duration-reduced. And the cons are that you cannot boost neither your most powerful cards nor your combos a lot with increase duration cards. For the rest of the characters the situation is vise verso - the pros for them are that they can boost most of their cards and combos and create very dangerous chains of multiple cars and even multiple combos; and the pros is that their cards and combos last more turns (so have smaller effects) and their opponents can break their chains and combos and best cards with a single dispell, or with some reduce opponent's duration cards. So - if you don't have dispells, you don't have enough mythical cards in your arsenal, you cannot make your most powerful combos and you cannot break the most powerful combos of your opponents. In this situation it will be surprising if you manage to get a single win against experiences opponents at this high level. And you should know - the dispells are more important than the mythical cards.

So in summary - get 3 Dispell cards in each of your decks and as many reduce opponent's duration as possible. Later on you can boost the reduce opponent's duration effect with skills. And get some more mythical cards and learn to use the most powerful combos. Try some tactics with short decks. You can train a little with the new arena mode - there both you and your opponents have equal chance to get nice cards. But there you can't use the short deck tactics :)