Elf Keeper - looking for advices or informations

Read tips tricks and learn how to get started and get good. Ask questions and get answers regarding your progress.

Moderator: Essence Team

Lileath
In-game user name: darkmati21

Elf Keeper - looking for advices or informations

Post by Lileath » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:00 am

Hello dear Eldhelm community

First of all, to inform, I dont know everything about the game (playing for week or two) so dont consider I know everything.

I play Elf Keeper, got 40 lvl now. I think my character build is proper (110 HP with 17 regen and 240 energy - maximum I need to cast two most expensive cards).

Now I am at the end of 1st campaign - final three AI's on 60 lvl. I stucked there.

I always played a strategy of "survive and counterattack" - since most of my enemies got more HP than me, and deal more damage also. Second reason is, that my deck in 70% consist of defensive cards and combos, rest of 30% are damage combo boosts (hurricanes / bear spirits for example). Then, first turns I try to defend myself against all attacks that AI push on me, and when his deck gets empty, attack with my powerful cards (unicorn / hurricane combo / spiritualism+enchant+forest or even crit+staff if I can afford). It served me well through this 40 levels - not saying i won everything, but seems reasonable.

Now every AI i play got 3-6 mythical cards (Human Knights destroy me in this pattern, Viactum is powerful attack boost that negates my entire regen and defense - and i can't get rid of it. +2 / -2 buff card dont help, he got 3 places for it now :p), as well as 3 heroic cards (orc/human/elf) which activates most damage combos I ever suffered (orc once pushed my entire 110 HP's when I didnt knew how those combo works....oh...)

I myself got only one mythical - Unciorn (from random decks). Tried the Game of Luck (spared 20k for it, it was 30% alike) - didnt get one :P

Wall of text passed (sorry :p), so now questions.

1. How should I play then? Play Training until eternity and look for mythicals? Anyway, I need to play vs hard AI (very hard gets all above description problem). Daily mission is same.

2. Maybe my game strategy seems bad? Should I play more aggresive way?

3. How then I can get more "playable" cards? Now my gold source is'nt such good (very hard to play daily mission).

Thanks for anyone that wanted to read it and can help me.

Motylek
In-game user name:

Re: Elf Keeper - looking for advices or informations

Post by Motylek » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:03 pm

1. How should I play then? Play Training until eternity and look for mythicals? Anyway, I need to play vs hard AI (very hard gets all above description problem). Daily mission is same.

2. Maybe my game strategy seems bad? Should I play more aggresive way?

3. How then I can get more "playable" cards? Now my gold source is'nt such good (very hard to play daily mission).
First of all, I want to state, that those are my own opinions and somebody else can see things differently.

In my opinion, You have too low HP. Focus more on HP and less on regeneration in next few levels.

To progress further in campaign, gain more levels first. Try dueling with people around your level or train with computer.

Taking 20 000 gold and going to play game of luck requires really big luck, because it is fight against probability. If you will go to play game of luck sometime in future again, be sure to have at least 100 000, preferably 200 000 gold. If you have less than 100 000, it is probably just waste of money.

1) You do not need to play against hard AI, you can settle with medium and win every time instead of risking losing often with hard AI.

2) Play the way you want and suit you. Your current strategy is suitable for Elf Keeper, you do not need to change it.

3) The best way to get better cards when you do not have gold is to play duels against computer on easiest settings. Draw cards only from random deck. If you will be lucky, you will get good cards. If you will be less lucky, you can sell cards, which you do not need and get money to either buy cards from market or if you will have lots of money, then to play game of luck.

Best regards
Motylek

Lileath
In-game user name: darkmati21

Post by Lileath » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Sorry for other language, but above recipent would understand :P

"Dzieki za porade Motylek :P"

For me now 100k cash is a bit hardcore :P but can be achievable.

I rarely loose vs hard AI even (I just save Dispels for Heroic cards and its OK). Vs very hard Dispel sometimes i need to use earlier (got only 2 yet :/)

Thanks for info You posted. With that about HP, i rarely recieve combo that can kill me outright, but I see it would happen often in next plays.

indrkl
In-game user name: indrkl

Post by indrkl » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:29 am

Before you have all below mythics, game of luck isn't that good of an idea imo. Anyways, I'm also playing as Keeper, and currently lvl 54, half way doing the third campaign.

Yes, agression is the key with Keeper, since you have regen to mitigate anyways, especially if you are going against other keepers, it's the burst that wins you the battles.
Anyways, here are 2 of my strategies I used in different situations:

against Orcs and knights in the second campaign I used drain energy strategy. You can achieve it using spirit bears and wisdom + mind strike + magic charm combo. Very good card helping you sustain it and deal more damage longer period is amplify magic, also if you have more wisdoms on the field then consider adding a disturbance on the mix to combo wisdom + disturbance + amplify magic. Against orcs you can still win without amplify magic, by using other good damage dealers like hurricane + wind of dust. Latter I wouldn't put more than 1 in the deck.

Example deck I used to just wreck through the second campaign to get Royal blood card.

2 x spirit bear
3 x wisdom
2 x mind strike
2 x magic charm
3 x sould lifting - I only need to cast it once, but I want to often start it out together with my special on turn 1, then follow up with a combo piece and then cast amplify magic. second and third copies can be discarded
1 x orc ferocity - this you get at the end of orc campaign, before that I used vitality sacrifice to combo with soul lifting for extra damage.
3 x amplify magic - against orcs you can get away with 0 - 2 of them aswell, but you need to add some additional damage dealers then.
2 x disturbance - I would have 1 less disturbance than amplify magic as the first amplify I usually do without that combo, especially if I haven't got enough wisdoms to sustain both combos.

so other cards I've used in different variations, depending on my card pool - hurricane, wind of dust, shadow of The, Sunset, Vitality sacrifice.

against other Keepers: they are actually harder than orcs because of their insane regen. I completed the orc campaign first.

There are 2 main tactics dealing with them, if you outlevel and outregen them, you can stall the game until fury rises up and then wipe them as your superior regen will tip towards your favor, the other one is just yolo burst damage them from turn 1... you do need combos for that, I'd again suggest you to do orc campign first to have a slightly better chance against them cos if you outregen them it is possible to beat some of them even after your main deck runs out, as long as fury is building up.

I used these things to burst em : hurricane + wind of dust combo, soul lifting + vitality sacrifice/orc ferocity combo, sacred horn + elven fury + dire wolf combo. Amplify damage helps a lot, if you have it, use it, getting 2 sacred horn combos up is nice! Sunset is good against Keeper, Shadow of the for mitigation. For final levels I had around 25 card deck. You need to keep the deck as compact as possible for it to run super smoothly. It is possible that you still lose some games but you should win most of them before you run out of the deck.

Both of those strats uses 0 mythics, first one benefits from no mythics I know of, second one benefits from unicorn, soul illness and purifying rain. I'm currently working on how to consistently beat the elven archers in the final campaign.