Post your Orc Warrior Decks

Read tips tricks and learn how to get started and get good. Ask questions and get answers regarding your progress.

Moderator: Essence Team

danner
In-game user name: danner

Post your Orc Warrior Decks

Post by danner » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Netdecks are one of the best ways to advance the skill of a game, so let's get started, shall we?

I am a newb, so here is my current deck for leveling as a level 12 orc warrior.

17 cards:
2x Critical Hit
3x Fear
2x Groin Kick
3x Headbutt
1x Heavy Punch
1x Rage
2x Shield Block
3x Tighten

Obviously I'm looking for a 3rd Groin Kick, a second Rage, and a 3rd Shield Block. The Critical Hit/Heavy Punch should probably be removed, and Headbutt should probably be swapped for Reckless rush, and add marauding to start locking out the opponent as well as combo'ing with Reckless Rush.

The main goal is the Rage/Fear/Groin Kick Combo. It provides excellent defense via reduce damage, many times eliminating bonus damage completely. It also can be played two turns in a row with a single fear, allowing me to use Fury or a Critical Hit to add additional damage, or possibly capture both a Tighten/Shield Block Combo on the same turn as the Rage/Fear/Groin Kick, leading to a great race combo, ensuring I get damage in while stopping my opponent.

As a newb, I want to see where my deck should transition once I can complete the single player campaigns. Show me your decks!

danner

Re: Post your Orc Warrior Decks

Post by danner » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:17 pm

OK, so here is the deck that brought me from level 13 to level 28 in 4 fights.

16 Cards:
3x Fear
2x Groin Kick
2x Marauding
1x Rage
3x Relentless Rush
2x Shield Bash
3x Tighten

It's fun because you can make multiple combos on the same turn. Yes, it can be tuned, but I got too much experience for that to matter. just be able to make 2 of each of the 3 combos, and you'll be fine for the level 12, 24, and 36 level fights.

Now, at level 28, things have changed a ton, in terms of cards in hand, buff slots, and stats. I also got lucky in the game of luck wtih a 100000 gold hit, then chained paying 10240 gold to gain 3x of 4 mythic cards each, and had enough left over to buy packs of all the elite and epic cards. It's a new game! New decks incoming!

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:10 pm

I would allow myself a slight offtopic here :)

I am taking the opportunity to thank you for bringing to live our new forum category :)
It will be awesome to see more players sharing their strategies and helping newcomers!

Thanks
Regards,

danner

Post by danner » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Thanks for the encouragement.

I'm having a little trouble with the ~level 30-40 range - I don't have the single player campaign cards, so finding the right combos that don't require those cards is tricky. I'm not losing many games however, so maybe it'll never feel as tight as the level 12-28 deck, but it'll still be ok. Here's my current deck:

3x Battle Training
1x Blood Festival
3x Charge
3x Dispel
3x Maurauding
3x Mood for War
3x Reckless Rush
3x Resistance
3x Toughness
3x Wisdom

The working idea here is to get a Mood of War down, alongside a possible Marauding or Fury, Then use the Orb of Resistance combo (Wisdom/Battle Training/Resistance) to increase the durations by 2, then have two turns to gather another orb of resistance, and lay down additional mood for war cards. The MIghty Charge combo (Toughness/Charge/Dispel) and the Brutal Maurauding (Reckless rush/marauding) combos are not core, but since I like marauding and dispel, and need other damage cards, I added these. This is a big deck, however, and is therefore not super consistent, but with enemies having over 200hp, I need ways to continue dishing out damage while eliminating my opponent's assets.

The deck lacks armor, so I've got some extra health to work with, and the blood festival keeps me going for a long time. Using the dispels when they have the greatest chance to shut down an opponent, and coming back with a mood of war keeps me in the game for quite a long time, even if I am trying to end the game before turn 6-8.

danner

Post by danner » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:32 pm

OK, so at level 35 I got Orc Ferocity by defeating Waynek the Strongest, jumping up to level 50 from the experience. Before I go and find a new deck to play, here's the deck that beat Waynek on my 5th try.

3x Battle Training
3x Blood Festival
3x Fear
3x Groin Kick
3x Mood for War
3x Rage
3x Resistance
3x Shattering Strike
3x Wisdom

So I've got the Orcish Fury combo from my very first deck, it reduces real damage, and can often stop the +25 bonus damage from playing any part in the battle, I could only take 3-5 hits from Waynek without neutralizing this, armor just is too difficult to stack high enough to deal with all his bonus damage. It also hits with 50-60 damage, pretty good when you aren't taking any damage yourself for your trouble.

The Orb of Resistance is great for keeping Fury II in play longer, dropping opponent's duration cards, and setting up for a next turn where you can play two mythical cards. I also removed Dispel from the deck, Resistance or Orb of Resistance is usually enough to kill off my opponent's annoying duration cards. Don't be afraid to throw a resistance or two down solo to take out maurauding or anything that stops your buffs. That Rage and Wisdom are pretty important to the deck working

Mood for War is my most likely 1st turn drop, it will stay in play for the entire game via Orb of Resistance. It builds my energy, and gives my bonus might a chance to knock into the enemy.

Blood Festival and Shattering Strike are big hitters, for saving my life, or for wiping out theirs. If it's my turn, I'm going to throw in the Shattering strike and assure mutual destruction if I can. Blood Festival needs to be used early, because Waynek will still kill you if it's his turn and you both go to zero. Use it at 70 life or less at your own risk, you might still be dead.

OK, new combos to review, new techniques to use, and maybe a shorter stack to take advantage of Orc Ferocity.

kaiser
In-game user name: Victor Rivera

Post by kaiser » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:54 am

Best option for any deck vs the AI will be something to drain EP, the system is not really smart when the capabilities to play cards is reduced, so set any combo to reduce the Energy Points and you will win for sure (reduce it to play one card to relents the AI or reduce to not play anything to crap the AI), also bring some mystifies cards and your best combo damage that will be all for any campaign.

Toimu
In-game user name: Toimu

Post by Toimu » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:47 am

I'm very new to the game (only been playing a few days). But here is my Rush Deck:

Cards: 8

1x Foul Breath (normal)
1x Marauding (elite)
3x Rampage (elite)
3x Reckless Rush (rare)

Combos:
3x Foul Rampage (1)
3x Butal Marauding (3)

I went with only 8 cards so I can get everything I need in the first hand. I'm always looking for higher damage with the cards I have, but I think this is currently it.

Quests with AI level 1-6: This deck kills them in 2-3 turns.

Quests with AI level 12: I had to use a few cards from the Random Deck to kill the AI, but I never lost a match.

Quests with AI level 24: I had to take 5+ turns to kill them, and I lost a few times.

Quests with AI level 36: Never won, the computer controls too much of my play area and I was unable to get the cards out.
Last edited by Toimu on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
T.O.I.M.U. = The One I Made Up

Toimu
In-game user name: Toimu

Post by Toimu » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:11 am

Taking kaiser advice, I made a new deck to help me with the Lv36 AI. You'll need to be able to have 2 items cards and 2 buff cards in play at the same time. Having 9-10 cards in your starting hand is very helpful because you need to play 4 cards to set up the 3 combos.

Cards: 10
1x Foul Breath (normal)
1x Wisdom (epic)
1x Energy Potion (rare)
1x Marauding (elite)
3x Reckless Rush (rare)
3x Rampage (elite)

Combos:
3x Foul Rampage
3x Butal Marauding
3x Potion of Wisdom

Quests with AI level 36: It was easier to get my cards out before the computer stopped me. But it was still very difficult to win because I needed to take a lot of turns with cards from the Random Deck. It might be better to use this as a finishing 4 turns.

Quests wit AI level 48: I've been able to kill 2, but that was pure luck because I must take 10+ turns with cards from the Random Deck.
T.O.I.M.U. = The One I Made Up