Topic 20: Combos

Articles written by the team members. This stuff is considered official help material!

Moderator: Essence Team

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Topic 20: Combos

Post by Essence Team » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:34 am

In this topic I'll talk about the Combos.

1) Some of the cards, when played together are combined into a Combo.
2) When a Combo occurs, the net result is the sum of the attributes of the composing cards plus the Combo bonus (see example 1).
3) A Combo may occur between active card with high Duration (active from previous turn) and a currently played card.
4) A Combo may occur between two active cards with high Duration (active from previous turn), and meanwhile in the current turn you can play whatever other cards you want.
5) The Combos can be a combination of all kind of cards (buff card combines with a non-buff in a Combo, or non-buff card with the Hero Special Card, etc).
6) The Combos can be a combination between:
- two cards (Rookie Combo level);
- three cards (Intermediate Combo level);
- four cards (Skilled Combo level);
- five cards (Master Combo level).
7) Depending on the composing cards, each Combo can be:
- common for all heroes in the game;
- common for the Melee hero character type (currently only the Orc Warrior is Melee character);
- common for the Range hero character type (currently only the Human Rogue is Range character);
- common for the Caster hero character type (currently only the Elf Keeper is Caster character);
- common for the race of Orcs (currently only the Orc Warrior is Orc character);
- common for the race of Humans (currently only the Human Rogue is Human character);
- common for the race of Elves (currently only the Elf Keeper is Elf character);
- only for the Orc Warrior hero character;
- only for the Human Rogue hero character;
- only for the Elf Keeper hero character;
8) There is no Combo, that needs additional Energy Points to be played - you must "pay" only for the Energy Points of the composing cards of the Combo.
9) You can activate unlimited number of Combos within one turn (there is no restriction).
10) Nevertheless one specific card cannot participate in more than 1 (one) Combo.
11) If in concrete turn, a card can participates in more than 1 (one) Combo with other cards, the decision about which Combo this card will participate in (or which Combo will be activated) depends on:
- if the two (or more) Combos have different levels, the Combo with the highest level will be activated (see example 2);
- if there are two (or more) Combos, that are currently the highest levels, the choice about which Combo will be activated is RANDOM (see example 3).
12) You can check all the currently available Combos in the game in the Catalog section.

Example 1:
You are in turn 5 and your opponent has 40 hit points left. You play two cards: card A and card B. Card A has attribute Damage = 2. Card B has attribute Bonus Damage = 10 and Reduce opponent's Defence = 6. Also card A and card B when played together compose a Combo AB that has attributes Damage = 4, Bonus Damage = 5 and Reduce opponent's Defence = 3. Your Opponent plays a card C with attribute Defence = 10. Now start the damage calculations. You will deal you your opponent: 2 (damage of card A) + 10 (bonus damage of card B) + 4 (combo damage of Combo AB) + 5 (combo bonus damage of Combo AB) - [10 (Defence of your opponent's card C) - 6 (Reduce opponent's Defence of card B) - 3 (combo Reduce opponent's Defence of Combo AB)] = 2+10+4+5-(10-6-3) = 21 - 1 = 20 net damage. So in the end of the turn your opponent will be left with 40-20=10 HP.

Example 2:
You are in turn 5 and play a card A. You have 4 active cards: card B1, card B2, card B3 and card B4, played in previous turn. Card A and card B1 compose the Combo AB1, Card A and card B2 compose the Combo AB2, Card A, card B3 and card B4 compose the Combo AB3B4. The Combo AB1 and the Combo AB2 are composed of two cards and their level is Rookie. The Combo AB3B4 is composed of three cards and its level is Intermediate. Because the level of Combo AB3B4 is higher than the level of Combo AB1 and Combo AB2, only the Combo AB3B4 will be activated.

Example 3:
In Example 2, if there was a fourth Combo AB5B6, composed of card A and two active cards B5 and card B6, i.e. composed of three cards, i.e. Intermediate Combo, there is 50% chance the Combo AB3B4 to be activated and 50% chance the Combo AB5B6 to be activated - it's random decision.

That's it, check the other topics as well!

Mordengard
In-game user name:

Re: Topic 20: Combos

Post by Mordengard » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:51 pm

I got tired of writing down combos so I made this spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:07 am

Great table Mordengard! Hope that other players will find it useful :)

Inanen
In-game user name:

Post by Inanen » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 pm

[quote="Mordengard"]I got tired of writing down combos so I made this spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html[/quote]

Thanks for the great spread sheet! It certainly does help during game play.

Mordengard
In-game user name:

Post by Mordengard » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Looks like this is going to need alot of updating. I'll see what i can do.

Naga02
In-game user name:

Post by Naga02 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Hey Mordengard - just a suggestion, but why don't you make a copy of the spreadsheet open to the public and let the community of players maintain it. Then it won't be so burdensome to you and possibly more accurate with more people to catch and fix mistakes :)