why does EU server lagging for me and NA server doesn't?

Technical support regarding all platforms, attempted cheating and harassment complaints.

Moderator: Essence Team

janerule
In-game user name: janerule

why does EU server lagging for me and NA server doesn't?

Post by janerule » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:48 am

Hi,

I have always found that I have to wait for a period of 2-5 seconds before the duel would begin in EU server, and during the duel it would sometimes frozen for a few seconds randomly, but this issue rarely happen in NA server. So, I was wondering, if I use a VPN, would it make the lagging problem better in EU server? And, where does your EU server located? If I indeed use a VPN, what VPN server should i choose for better connect speed( British? France?...)?

Regards.

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Re: why does EU server lagging for me and NA server doesn't?

Post by 1mb4k4 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:17 am

So the count down finishes and then you have to wait around 5 seconds before the match starts right?
What do you mean exactly by saying "frozen" ... the UI freezes or you see a "waiting for player", "loading" or "connecting" dialogs that prevent you from using the UI?

janerule
In-game user name: janerule

Post by janerule » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:48 am

Hi,

After enter the duel room( both challenge and single match), it show the "waiting for player" window and start rolling... after around 5 sec the game then start, and during the match, between phrases like draw and buff phrase there always a pause( i should say around 2 secs delay), sometimes not just the pause, but that annoying " waiting for player" window would start rolling again. And at single match, sometimes during AI's turn( usually draw phrase) the game would freeze ( nothing appear on the screen), then some time later, the screen show the AI already finish its turn and it's my turn. It's like the connection lost for some time and then regain connection again( but it didn't show I lost connection or keep loading). what's annoying about this is I cant even skip the combat animation if the pause is long enough.

PS: Could u add a "auto skip combat animation" option in the setting? So i don't have to click so many times to skip it during every match?

Regards.

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:16 am

It seems you have a high connection latency to the server. You are not disconnected...
The waiting for player will appear after 3 seconds, that's why you do not see it after only 2 seconds.

Stopping the animation will force the waiting for player window on every turn in multiplayer, because your opponent will mostly likely watch at least part of them.
I will try to add the option you are requesting though.

Regards,