Dropping matches during tournaments as a cheat

Technical support regarding all platforms, attempted cheating and harassment complaints.

Moderator: Essence Team

kaiser
In-game user name: Victor Rivera

Re: Dropping matches during tournaments as a cheat

Post by kaiser » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:21 am

Oh come on guy, developers do as they could. As 1mb4k4 said sometimes it's not in purpose it happens to me at least like 8 times for a bad connection. Unfortunately I was disqualified like twice the other occasions I was saved for the new system improve. Not all players do that in purpose.

Mongbat
In-game user name: Mongbat

Post by Mongbat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:51 am

Unfortunately, as long as someone abuses the system, in this case this TURKO, then it must be fixed. The only most lethal thing to ruin a game, is by a diehard cheater.

I got disconnected too by lags. But this sort of things happen so rare. It is up to u to fix your own internet connection, use a more reliable connection (phone, pc, etc) during tournaments. It is your problem, and all up to you.

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Ok, what is the issue with TURKO?
Yes, he has multiple accounts. I suspended some of his accounts...
What else?

Mongbat

Post by Mongbat » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:37 am

From what I have read from the game chat rooms, it seems TURKO has multiple hundreds, or thousands, of alias accounts. Honestly speaking, I am increasingly not feeling comfortable or having fun playing Eldhelm nowadays because I know there are so many alias accounts that were started all over by previous players, and they spoil the experience somewhat, more so spoiling the experience of newbies who are genuinely trying to pick the game up(think about it).

Let me just use this tournament cheat report as an example. Many "veterans" of the game participate in the tournament and yet NONE bothered to report TURKO case of cheating dropping in the tournament, and it only needed me as a relatively new player to the game to report this issue. Seriously, I felt very sinister about this whole thing. Clearly, some of the "veterans" are not the veterans they are made out to be.

Your game has suffered too much abuse from these freeloaders. There were 2 big problems. You fixed one of them now, the tournament drop cheat, and see how now it progresses so smoothly.

Now the other problem is these free accounts. They let these freeloaders (clearly, TURKO is the classic example, and he probably is an alias account of someone else too) ruin your entire game. He uses a free account to set up a rogue hero, participates in tournaments, play games, loses, delete the account, start over again. He trades wins with his own free accounts as evident in the battle record history, and he has huge number of multiple free heroes of all level ranges, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, you name it.

The problem here arises because the accounts created are FREE. Many other players are doing it, I'm sure. But just look at the successful model of Plague Inc app.(on android). Yes starting I could play for free, but subsequently unlocking the more fun scenarios, with the other game more useful gene helix, I have to pay for it. This makes me support Plague Inc, and as well you are creating a true, loyal base of players for your game.

In Eldhelm I would suggest all of us could play as it is now until we reach level 49. Upon the hero reaching level 50, able to participate in the level50-59 tournament onwards (and able to qualify the Tournament Champion win), this hero character must be paid up with 20 credits (just like it is the way if I want to purchase a new second hero in my account). TURKO is free to create millions of userids for play levels between 1-49, you can cater to this crowd for free as goodwill gesture as of now, and anyone, newbies, they can have all the practice they want with these free accounts. To get a loyal following, for your game to succeed, for people like me to refer friends seriously to enjoy this game, you must make level50 onwards accounts, real accounts. Having paid and properly subscribed for, I will think twice about keep creating and deleting my hero, or making thousands of pseudo heroes and clogging up everyone's playing chance.

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:02 am

Hello Mongbat,

I definitely agree, that any form of cheating is spoiling game for others, who are not cheating. However, I would like to add my opinion on some points of your post.

If any player is cheating by creating several accounts and starting from beginning with each one of them, it is natural, that his heroes will be below level of veteran players. Old players have simply heroes on higher level than any other player who registered half year ago or so. Unpleasant behaviour of cheater will simply not be noticable for old timers, because they will not come into contact with him, but newer players will face him very often and that could be definitely making less enjoyable experience from game. So as I see it, it is quite logical, that reporting cheating in lower levels is up to newer players, not the older ones.

Also you are right about existence of other players, who are using multiple accounts because they are free. So instead of spending money to have more heroes in one account, they have more accounts with one hero. I would also prefer if there would be only one account per person, but it should be ideally achieved by self-restriction. Simply moral beings would not do it, because it is very selfish. But because there are many immoral persons in this world, what cold we do beside leading by example? Your idea of condition to spend credits in order to participate in tournament has its pros but also cons. It would mean, that also honest players, who have just one free account, would not be able to play in tournament without spending real money. I would say, it would discourage such honest players to participate in tournament at all and even with things how they are now, there are not many tournament participants.

A) In my personal opinion, I would vote for allowing tournament participation above level 49 only for players who bought at least 20 credits to their account any time in past, but it is up to game programmer to decide and I guess, it is hard decision and not the likely one.
B) Another way, which I could think about right now, is allowing tournament participation for everybody, but all players, who did not spend at least 20 credits anytime in past, would have to select during tournament registration 1 deck with which they will play whole tournament and that deck can not be in duration of tournament switched or cards in it changed. It is softer condition than previous one and it will allow all players to participate in tournament, they will just have certain disadvantage.
But anyway, with either of those options, there is no assurance of not seeing multiple accounts of one person, so it is not 100% solution.

Motylek

Mongbat

Post by Mongbat » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:39 pm

Last edited by Mongbat on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:51 pm

Hi,

Well, we surely do not create accounts to fake a bigger player number. This really make no sense as you wold be able to play anyway....
Yes, many player join the tournament and the don't come online and play on time. Many players press on every button possible, they explore the game this way and press on join just to see what happens.

We do not have a concept of "gold" or "premium" members. We are considering this option, but we don't want paying users to be very distinguishable.
Of course, there will always be haters who will stay - "look he is paying, this game is so pay-to-win". We all know that the game where a player is good at is cool and the game where he is weak is pay-to-win.

Still we want to be as "free-to-play" as possible. We don't want to force anybody to pay.

Regards,