Dropping matches during tournaments as a cheat

Technical support regarding all platforms, attempted cheating and harassment complaints.

Moderator: Essence Team

Mongbat
In-game user name: Mongbat

Dropping matches during tournaments as a cheat

Post by Mongbat » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:47 pm

Increasingly, and probably frequently in the past all along, there are more people exploiting this cheat bug during tournament matches.

How it works is this. During a tournament match game, if you find yourself going to lose, just drop the game and logout reset, get back to the game again. Your opponent would have thought he won the game with a Victory screen, but it will never count as a win. You two begin the match anew, as if nothing has happened, fresh new match. The cheater can do this 10 times, 100 times, 1000 times, there is absolutely no penalty at all. He wears the patience thin out of his opponent, until the latter finally gives up and quits the game, and the cheater goes on to win the tournament of his category.

I believe the gaming community would agree with me that one of the most prominent cheaters goes by the name of "TURKO". In fact, he has so many multiple userids all of different heroes in different accounts that, during tournament, he can singlehandedly represent himself in each and every tournament level category. The developer site states clearly that this is not allowed, the cheater would be disqualified, yet this TURKO has played in all tournaments for ages!

From what I read in the tournament chat window of the latest tournament today, seems like more and more people are catching on to knowing how to use this drop cheat bug and win tournament matches.

My question is, why are you allowing cheaters like TURKO to keep doing this? Is TURKO related to the developer of the game?
Last edited by Mongbat on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Re: Dropping matches during tournaments as a cheat

Post by 1mb4k4 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:24 am

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this player!
Yes it seems he has 3 disconnects in one of his final matches and also enters the game from multiple accounts.
His accounts are suspended!

Regards,

Mongbat

Post by Mongbat » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:34 pm

Last edited by Mongbat on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mongbat

Post by Mongbat » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:54 pm

If this drop bug cannot be fixed
Last edited by Mongbat on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:50 pm

This is not a bug, this is by design...
You see, dropping is a strange thing. You rarely can tell whether it is on purpose or not. Some players have a bad internet connection, some play on the mobile network...
Yes someone can win the tournament by dropping, but matches there are watched closely and it will be spotted and the user will be punished sooner or later. So far i can not think of another cheater in the tournaments...

Caerold
In-game user name: Caerold

Post by Caerold » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:21 am

So, does 1 win and 7 drops (and counting at time of posting) in the lvl 30s bracket count as a flagrant example of this?
I'm in the 50s, but there's a player abusing this today in a lower bracket, "yumico."
Isn't this being monitored?

Caerold

Post by Caerold » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:26 am

Does a single match with 1 win and 8 drops and counting (at time of post) count as flagrant abuse?
Admins should look at the tourney record for lvl 30s bracket "yumiko."
I'm in the 50s, but it still upsets me to see this crap.

Mongbat

Post by Mongbat » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:01 am

Hi there,

There is another serious case of cheating by dropping bug in the US tournament held just a few hours ago from the time of my posting now. Take a look at the chat in the tournament chat window and the players complaints. Happened in the 30-39level category, the player by the name of "yumiko" drop 14 drops to force his opponent out - he won his level tournament and got the gold and card reward unfairly.

This is exactly what I mean - a champion with 14 drops. Go figure out.

Caerold

Post by Caerold » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:07 am

Yeah, I watched it happen in progress and tried to report it here TWICE but my posts never showed up.
This really needs to be addressed.

1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:13 pm

Hi Caerold,
As you are a new member in the forum, your posts had to be reviewed first.
This user "yumico." is a cheater and his account is suspended.

Hi Mongbat,
Yes, this is starting to get annoying...

Take my apologies guys, I will make sure this issue is fixed for the next tournament!

Regards,