Question About Multiple Accounts

Technical support regarding all platforms, attempted cheating and harassment complaints.

Moderator: Essence Team

Aleatory
In-game user name: Aleatory

Question About Multiple Accounts

Post by Aleatory » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:16 am

I was wondering if the ToS allowed for two accounts, one for US server and one for Europe server?

In all honesty, I've had an account on the US server for quite a while and recently started a second account on the Europe server a couple of weeks ago.

From what I was reading, my understanding is that I am not violating, as Section 5.1 states,
"Unless the rules of the game provide for exceptions, users are restricted to a single user account per round (e.g., World, Universe, etc.). The use of multiple user accounts is not permitted, and Essence LTD may, at its option, delete or block multiple user accounts at any time. [Emphasis Added]"

Thus, it sounds like I am allowed two accounts as long as they are on different "Worlds" or as I am reading to understand "Servers." But I want to be sure, before I unknowingly continue to violate the ToS.

Also, Section 10.3 Item e) states,
"users avail themselves of third-party accounts to play or use multiple user accounts for a single online game [Emphasis Added]"

Does this mean it is OK to have multiple accounts as long as those two accounts do not play in the same multiplayer game? Or as per Article 10, this is only dealing with the "Term, deletion of user accounts" - meaning that multiple user accounts are not allowed and if found to be used, the player's account will be deleted?

Thank you mods for reading my quesitons, and thank you Essence Team for creating this game.
~Aleatory

Skill Hunter
In-game user name: Skill Hunter

Re: Question About Multiple Accounts

Post by Skill Hunter » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:45 pm

hello aleatory
i dont get it !? why you dont play in both servers in the same account ??
i change servers each time i dont find any challengers or the latency was no good you already have 3 or more hero's in your current account why making other ??
i used to play in NA server long time ago but when there where no one in my level in it i changed to play in Europe server
allot of players are doing the same if i didn't change server i probably would quit this game changing servers will let you find new opponents and more duels :mrgreen:
you should try it i :roll:

Aleatory

Post by Aleatory » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:05 pm

Skill Hunter,

Thanks for your advice. That does sound like a viable option, and I know many players have done that.

However, I have some reservations about that. Ones I'm sure the creators and mods could address.
The account transfer says, "Note that all your heroes will be moved, but their battle history and score will not."

I am not sure what this entails but it looks like all character's scores are removed from the leaderboards from the server you migrated from. Which means you can only be active on one server or the other.

Whether than splitting my time on two servers building up my score on both, I'd prefer to stay on just stay on one with my first account. I very much like it there and haven't ran out of things to do or opponents to face yet.
~Aleatory

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi,

Your score and battle history remains on the server you are moving from.
This data will be kept for you until you get back.
Moving form server to server is a non-destructive operation.

Regards,

Aleatory

Post by Aleatory » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:47 am

Thank you for responding to my question about account migration.

But I'm still not clear on my original question.

Also, according to the ToS, it would appear that a player who creates two accounts and uses these two accounts to duel each other and gain levels would be in violation. I was wondering if there was a method of reporting this supposed cheating? (such as for the few different accounts that have appeared near the top score ranking in the NA server for this month)
~Aleatory

1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:54 am

Yes, according to the ToS, having multiple accounts is not allowed.
If you encounter such players and you are irritated by them, you should report them via the feedback form or in this section of the forum.
If their both accounts are on the ranking boards then you should definitely report them.

Regards,

Aleatory

Post by Aleatory » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:47 pm

Thank you for your reply Andrey.

I submitted a Feedback, but I wasn't sure which Category it should be filed under (I did it under Suggestions). Maybe there needs to be another category for Report Player or Player Violation. I didn't necessarily accuse someone of cheating over the forums as there is no way for me to be 100% sure that they are, but in this case the #1 player in score for November won multiple games in succession at low levels against the same high level player.

Also, I am still not clear on my original question. I understood from reading the ToS that multiple accounts are not allowed. But, does Section 5.1 of the ToS, when it refers to "World, Universe," allow for one account on the US server and one on the Europe Server? If not, then what is this reference to "World" and "Universe" as I see nowhere in game where these terms are used?

Thank you,
~Aleatory

1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:25 pm

We developed the ToS when the game had only one server and we initially intended it to be this way.
Then we introduced the second server. I guess the ToS need updating.

Having a second account violates the ToS. You do not need two accounts to play on both servers.
As you can move your accounts between servers and having accounts "on both servers" is not much of difference than having two on a single server.

Having more than one account is denied!
We can suspend any or all of these accounts at any time. Especially if it is for cheating.

Regards,

Aleatory

Post by Aleatory » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:38 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I stopped playing my Europe account while waiting for your reply and won't be going back on it from now on. It was mainly just to see what the other server was like, plus I didn't put much time into it and the character's level was really low. Now I will just migrate my account.

Once again thank you for your clarification.
~Aleatory