Which character is the strongest and why?

Everything not matching any other topic.

Moderator: Essence Team

Which character is the strongest? Please, also write in forum why do you think so.

Orc Warrior
10%
Human Rogue
20%
Human Knight
10%
Elf Keeper
No votes
Elf Archer
30%
I have other opinion and I will write it in forum
30%

Total votes: 10

Motylek
In-game user name:

Which character is the strongest and why?

Post by Motylek » Sat May 24, 2014 12:16 pm

Hello dear Eldhelm player,

Do you think that some character is stronger than others? Do you think some character has upper hand over other certain character? Please write your opinion here and also please vote in poll of this topic.

Best regards
Motylek

Squlque
In-game user name:

Re: Which character is the strongest and why?

Post by Squlque » Sun May 25, 2014 6:36 pm

Motylek wrote:Hello dear Eldhelm player,

Do you think that some character is stronger than others? Do you think some character has upper hand over other certain character? Please write your opinion here and also please vote in poll of this topic.

Best regards
Motylek
I play orcs. But I have a distinct disadvantage against rogues. The rogue is overpowered against the Orc. Unless you have a hell if a lot if hp and ep over them. I'm speaking mostly hear of experienced rogue users. With the immobilize ability they can swiftly gain the upper hand and win in one or two more rounds if they are wise. The problem is not that they are all that much better. It's merely that the orc's combos are very predictable. If the rogue sees any of five commonly used cards in the Orc player's deck come out. Then all he has to do is dispell and immobilize. And if he's got the right buff and defence cards up the Orc player is done for. The Orc is too predictable. I know they are the best damage dealers and are supposed to be savages. But even savages can be cunning. Let's add a few more cards or add in some lower level common card combos so that even if the elfs or rogues hamstring the orcs via card restriction, collectors deck limit, energy drain, or any of the other numerous ways the other races have of disregarding orcs brute strength, then at least we have a fighters chance to recover. And possibly win. See I'm a 90th level Orc. I should rule ass against anyone half my level. But I get out maneuvered or debuffed so easily that 47th level rogue and some elfs can just out heal my dmg or block me and immobilize me to death. They can too easily reduce my defence card turns in play. Thus reducing my ability to do the damage. Now I'm not complaining. Sometimes I just get beat cus I'm sucking that day. But in all fairness orcs while dealing great damage if the cards play out, are not the strongest as long as they can be so easily undercut. They are barbarians. Not idiots. They would find a way around the punier races trickery!

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Mon May 26, 2014 9:18 am

Interesting poll :). I think it is all balanced (hehe), but i will pick the Elf Archer for now :)

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Mon May 26, 2014 4:16 pm

Squlque, thank you for detailed share of your own experience. You mentioned Human Rogue as toughest opponent for Orc and then you mentioned Elf. Which Elf is more difficult to duel with for Orc? Elf Archer (Ranged class) or Elf Keeper (Caster class)? Or are they about same difficult to duel with?

1mb4k4, thank you for being the first one brave to vote in the poll. :-)

Dear guests, who are watching forum. Please do not be shy, register to forum and share your opinions. ;-) Also here you can maybe eventually find "all you ever wanted to know about Eldhelm, but were afraid to ask". ;-)

Squlque
In-game user name:

Post by Squlque » Tue May 27, 2014 5:23 pm

Motylek wrote:Squlque, thank you for detailed share of your own experience. You mentioned Human Rogue as toughest opponent for Orc and then you mentioned Elf. Which Elf is more difficult to duel with for Orc? Elf Archer (Ranged class) or Elf Keeper (Caster class)? Or are they about same difficult to duel with?

1mb4k4, thank you for being the first one brave to vote in the poll. :-)

Dear guests, who are watching forum. Please do not be shy, register to forum and share your opinions. ;-) Also here you can maybe eventually find "all you ever wanted to know about Eldhelm, but were afraid to ask". ;-)
Between the archer and the keeper I think perhaps it's a tie. They both have their strengths. If pressed id say the archer because they can deal out even more damage than orcs if they have skills trained and clever combo use.

I still love the Orc The best. I think they need tweaking to make them more reactive. Being stun locked or damage reduced to death when you are used to dealing 180 dmg is a bit discouraging.
If lower card combos or consumable cards were introduced ( and not just for the Orc ) I think it would broaden the game play. And enliven the matches.
Right now I can tell in two turns whether or not I'm going to win. The cards played here remind me of chess. Once you recognize the pattern of moves from people who know their cards it is easy to forcast any match I join. This detracts from the fun of winning and makes losing feel like just part of the pattern.
At this point I would say the only way for two skilled players to get an accurate and really interesting game is for them to play the random deck only and forgo their collection. But that is not all that fun. Especially when you have worked as hard as I have to reach my level and unlock cards.
Still this is a better game than MTG. Which I am sorry to say I played the other day on my tablet. It was so slow and so clunky I gave up before the third round and came home to Eldhelm.

Tremblor
In-game user name:

Post by Tremblor » Tue May 27, 2014 6:55 pm

I voted "other", but after drafting a couple of versions of this saying "it depends", I have to say Elf Archer is the toughest. On our server, elf archer Ana regularly beats all of the top players and has won 401 out of 460 ranking matches lifetime. Maybe it's playing skill. There are other characters harder for me (orc) to beat in our level range, but Ana has no problem beating them.

sacromyces
In-game user name:

Post by sacromyces » Fri May 30, 2014 2:14 pm

I think as far as char go I think most are pretty even the master como with immobilize seems a little overboard. But I believe the master combo for the elf keeper is the weakest because it a purely defensive combo. All of the other master combos do around a hundred damage give or take.

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:26 am

I wonder what you guys think about the "honor guidance" of the human knight?
Latest feedback and some other observations lead us to believe it is overpowered, what do you think?
Does this make humans the strongest?

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:19 pm

Hello, you can read my opinion on Honor Guidance here - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=716#p1284

However one card does not make whole character strongest. I would rather say it has such strong impact on game, that it can turn whole duel upside down. It is creating strong imbalance. Imagine game like that one in Harry Potter, I think it was called quidditch or something like that. Imagine that there are 2 teams of about 5 players who are changing score by 1 point each time they score and then there is another one player in each team - the cather. When he scores, team gets 100 points. I am sorry if rules of that game are different than I described, but please think of it as a model. If catcher scores (he does not necessarily scores, he can be unsuccessful until time runs out) acting of all other 5 players is totally irrelevant, because he simply overrides any action they did. They will have simply very slight impact on result of game. Honor Guidance has potential to be exactly like that. If it comes into play and opponent does not have dispel, game is over, no matter what he (aka team of 5 unimportant players) was doing all those many turns before. It will have no more impact on game, game just ended because catcher scored. (aka Honor Guidance was played)

soulblighter
In-game user name: soulblighter

Post by soulblighter » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:14 am