Guild war - new game mode

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Guild war - new game mode

Post by 1mb4k4 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:22 pm

A new game mode is introduced - Guild War
1) It means that guilds can fight outside of the Conquer map! Guild war is very similar to Conquer except there is no map.
2) The guild master starts the guild war and opposing guild is selected by the game at random. There is no way a guild can hide from being attacked!
3) The wining guild in a guild war WILL STEAL 1% of the loosing's guild gold! Every hero of every member will loose 1% of his gold. The total amount will be split evenly among the winners.
4) Conquer is now part of Guild war. So the rewarding system applies also!
5) The maximum number of territories that can be conquered is now limited to the number of the members of the guild.

Skill Hunter
In-game user name: Skill Hunter

Re: Guild war - new game mode

Post by Skill Hunter » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Hi
sorry i didnt understand so if i have 100k gold i will loss 1k gold if my guild lost a war ? and the next war i will loss 990 gold !!
either if i won or not it depands on entire guild :?: :!: :?:
but if we one i will have 1% of what the gold are they having which could be 900gold or 2k gold ?

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:39 am

Hello,

Both Guild War and setting binding factor between number of guild members and number of territories are good changes, but I have two suggestions and both are related to point 3).

a) War loot should not affect every hero of every member. War loot should affect only heroes, which were actually paired for a Guild War duel. If war loot should affect every hero of guild member, then if player has more than one hero, his other heroes should be able to affect outcome of war too and thus there should not be number of duels in Guild War decided by number of players of bigger guild, but by number of heroes of bigger guild and every hero should fight at least one duel.

b) Wars were always waged for some reason - power (influence, politics), wealth (loot, resources) or personal reason (somebody offending somebody else or doing some wrong personally). Here I would say, there would be no reason for wealthy guild to have war with poor guild, if there is non-symmetrical reward.
I think, there should be some minimum guaranteed reward for winning guild war. At example if poor guild, which lost would not provide at least X gold up to some minimum Y, poor guild will still lose 1% of their gold, but game will add missing reward up to set minimum Y. Lets say, if minimum Y would be 100 gold per hero (who was paired for duel in guild war - regarding point (a) above), that would mean, if hero has less than 10 000 gold, game would add gold to reward up to 100 gold reward per that poor hero.

Otherwise, I like those changes, you presented, Andrey. :-) They allow to involve guilds, who are not strong enough to keep territory, to participate in "guild action". Good work!

Best regards
Motylek
Last edited by Motylek on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

lucas77
In-game user name: lucas77

Post by lucas77 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:41 am

hi guys

I really think that this idea is rubbish !!!!! (I'll be direct and honest so sorry if someone does not like my comment I apologize in advance) the guild Crusades by far is the best, and we have demonstrated, in less than two weeks conquer the entire map eventhough it some players declined our challenges, despite the fact that sometimes the system gave us defeat, eventhough it when another guild attacked us without exception we accepted all the challenges, but when we were attacking very few accepted it (everyone will know who he is) is really is crap idea. long ago the gods of eldhelm had conquered the whole map, and I assure you that whoever gave this idea would not have done at that time, or continue conquering the entire map would never have said, in my view and other players think there is preference for some players. or from a guild....

lucas77

lucas77

Post by lucas77 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:45 am

I'm just agree that the system of duels randomly play all !!

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:10 am

Lucas77 wrote: long ago the gods of eldhelm had conquered the whole map, and I assure you that whoever gave this idea would not have done at that time, or continue conquering the entire map would never have said, in my view and other players think there is preference for some players. or from a guild....
I am sorry Lucas, but you are saying nonsense.

As I am aware, idea about implementing binding factor was proposed in time, when Gods of Eldhelm were dominating Conquer mode and there was no indication, that it will change. And of course you can understand, that not all changes can be implemented right away. They need to be thought about and also when idea is complete, implementation itself will take some time. Furthermore, binding idea was originally proposed by Aleatory, who as I am aware originated from American server and has no connection to Gods of Eldhelm or Crusaders. Here is that post from 2014-12-02 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=748&start=50#p1799 At that time, Gods of Eldhelm were steady TOP 1.

Lucas, please do not spoil forum with such unfair accusations not just without proof, but also against objective facts. It looks like if you almost hate Gods of Eldhelm. There is no need to hate rivals. At least, I never hated members of other guilds and I even have friendly contacts with some members of other guilds, including Crusaders.

Best regards
Motylek

lucas77

Post by lucas77 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:47 am

@Motylek

or not motylek do not hate anyone, even you can ask anyone who knows me I am very friendly and I have great friendships with other guilds. My reason for frustration is that for example when nobody accepts duels are sent and I feel bad because eventhough they paddled upstream we conquer territories and thus not to be reminded of nothing ????? as it is not fair :( even if expressly advised in advance that this idea was to implement and you'd be prepared, but overnight ????

lucas77

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:15 am

Lucas,

So if you do not like, that there was not posted warning in forum about this change coming, why do you not post in forum, that you "do not like this change being implemented without announce"? Why do you instead make such unfair accusation of other guild being extensively supported beyond fairness? You said, that this change would probably not be suggested&implemented if Gods of Eldhelm would have been TOP 1 right now. This is expressing something really different than "you not being happy to face this change without announcement". This is not fair behavior, this is rather more similar to one of psychological war tools, which is called propaganda. I am sorry if I sound harsh, but this is how I see it, when you make such accusations which are in opposition to facts, like I stated in previous post.

Best regard
Motylek

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:10 am

@SkillHunter
if i have 100k gold i will loss 1k gold if my guild lost a war ? and the next war i will loss 990 gold !!
Yes, correct!
either if i won or not it depands on entire guild :?: :!: :?:
Yes, if a guild losses you lose, if a guild wins, you will win also.
if we one i will have 1% of what the gold are they having which could be 900gold or 2k gold ?
if you have 3 heroes with 100k, 1k and 100 gold respectively then you will loose 1% from every hero 1000 + 10 + 1 = 1011 gold in total

But in case you win! All the stolen gold (from all heroes) is piled up then it is divided equally.
Lets say the total amount is 1000 and the winning guild has 4 members. your share will be 250 gold.
Each one of your heroes will receive 250 gold!

@Motylek
regarding your point "a". Yes, the idea is good i am considering already!
Regarding point "b". The reward based on percentage is to rise the stake for all the guilds. You see when a player participates in guild he should be serious about it. If not, he should not join a guild in the first place. As i explained above even now the game gives more than it takes from players (it multiplies the reward by the numbers of heroes you have). It all works with percentages and multiplication so the wining amount will rises with geometric progression rather than rounding to a specified number.

@Lucas77
Yes, you should be more specific about which part you find "rubbish" exactly.
If that's the change without notice you have the right to be angry! It is my bad. :( Sorry.
After all by loosing territories, you loose nothing. The rankings remain the same.
I have made a screenshot of your guild conquering the entire map :) I will post that on facebook, it is epic :)
Again take my apologizes for this sudden change, there were some reasons to do that in a rush.

I think you understand that it was kind of disbalanced. Especially when the same people control most (or all) territories on both servers in conquer...

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:39 am

Thank you for reply, Andrey,

I missed part about reward multiplication by number of heroes of one player and now I see, that it could really add gold in quite big amounts. So due to this overlook, my idea about adding gold up to certain minimum is now irrelevant. My apologies.

Thank you for good work on game, Andrey :-)

Motylek