Spectator mode and replays

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Spectator mode and replays

Post by 1mb4k4 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:30 pm

Dear players,

As of the upcoming version 5.0, a support for viewing replays and spectating live games will be added! Spectator mode will be limited to Slay The Beast mode initially an replays will be available for all game modes right away. Our servers already record all games. Please, be warned that by playing Slay The Beast you will be publicly visible for spectators! Your latest matches under your hero career will be available for replay also publicly. We hope that this will increase engagement into the game, reduce cheating and improve bug/glitch detection.

Regards,

Motylek
In-game user name:

Re: Spectator mode and replays

Post by Motylek » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:29 am

I understand reasons why those features are introduced, but I personaly dislike them. From my personal experience it leads to "everybody having same decks" (please do not take it literally) as many less successful players are mimicking those on top. And "everybody playing same decks" leads to boring game experience. In my opinion it is better when everybody plays with what he comes up himself instead of what he copied from somebody else.

It is just my opinion, I am pretty sure there will be many, who are welcoming those features.

Motylek

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:53 am

Isn't it enough to play against the same an opponent multiple times to understand his deck and play-style?
Especially for older player who know all the other good players and have played against them.
I don't think there is a reason to hide. I think good players should share their success :)

Regards,

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:13 am

Hello Andrey,

My comment was not related to "older players who know all the other good players". I mentioned in my previous post to whom is it related.
Motylek wrote:as many less successful players are mimicking those on top
I simply see it as another factor that is pushing worse players closer to good players, just like "favor", which I was criticizing many times. And this time it is also at cost of more diversity.

But unlike favor, those new features have at least something positive in them.

Motylek