What do you think the new hero is?

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

What do you want the new hero to be?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:37 am

Melee
25%
Caster
No votes
Defensive
75%

Total votes: 4

Inanen
In-game user name:

What do you think the new hero is?

Post by Inanen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:37 am

With a new hero being released later this month, what do you think it will be? The Essence Team had been kind of tight lipped about it so far. Just curios but would you prefer another melee/caster or more defense type hero? Why?

ItzElixsis
In-game user name:

Re: What do you think the new hero is?

Post by ItzElixsis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Id like to see a fouth type of hero. Something diffrent. How about something like a Trickster? A hero that would use cards that reverse damage? Reflect does this idea sort of. And maybe u could have card deal damage = to the number of cards in play or in your hand? I love potions and something around a potion hero would also be cool. Like elixers and poisons, I know we have some like the elixer of life and posion herb. Or a dragon race type that can use elf human and orc cards? Lol overpowered? Yup lol don't do it! Ha.

Inanen
In-game user name:

Post by Inanen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:54 am

ItzElixsis wrote:Id like to see a fouth type of hero. Something diffrent. How about something like a Trickster? A hero that would use cards that reverse damage? Reflect does this idea sort of. And maybe u could have card deal damage = to the number of cards in play or in your hand? I love potions and something around a potion hero would also be cool. Like elixers and poisons, I know we have some like the elixer of life and posion herb. Or a dragon race type that can use elf human and orc cards? Lol overpowered? Yup lol don't do it! Ha.
I definitely like the idea about the reflect damage! That would be awesome. As for a fourth hero I'd love to see something along the lines of a Guardian or Psionic. Strong defensive spells and tactics and damage reversal combos. As for a race, what about a lycanthrope? Or even a half breed I.e. half-elf/orc?

Now that I'm thinking about it the Psionic hero is really appealing to me. I envision a mental warrior who is capable of strong defensive maneuvers as well as being able to weaken an opposing heros abilities.

ItzElixsis
In-game user name:

Post by ItzElixsis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:29 am

I agree a Psion was a favorite class in D&D for me. Id also like to see a necromancer that uses the dead. Zombies are always a good idea! Lol

As for the new Hero if that is what we are getting, I have a strange feeling the Rogue has his number already.. look at the cards Trap, Cloak and Immobalize. Just those three show a knight of sorts on it. Even Ambush I think has a knight on it. As for other cards I think the orc card Groin kick has a picture of a knight takeing a beating lol.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:22 am

We cannot disclose what the new hero will be, but I can say that you should keep guessing and giving ideas, because much more heroes will come in the future :)

ItzElixsis
In-game user name:

Post by ItzElixsis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Lol thanks again for a tease! I did notice there are Pirates in Eldhelm so maybe we see a hero Pirate in the future? Lol.

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:01 pm

I believe the Elf keeper is the defensive one, I mean the one with heals and lots of defense cards, while the Orc would be ofensive and the Human a kind of a more balanced trickster.
The human is nice to play for a while couse you can control the turns of your oponent by considerably damaging the energy leaving the enemie defenseless for a fatal blow, or buyng time to heal, problem is that its just efective in early game or against orcs, some more cards or combos that help to improve this control would be nice in the future. Even somthing to skip a turn would be awesome.

For the new Hero I believe it should be a caster, but some kind of more ofensive mage, or a hybrid like a DragonBlood, or the so cliche necromancer, or Demonoligst.
I just would get realy desapointed if it comes to be one of those engineer dawrf or alchemist halflings. Hate those small races. Yeah call me racist =P

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:06 am

So, as you have seen, the new character is Human Knight, Melee character with both attacking and defending capabilities :)