Knights look like cloned Orcs

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Knights look like cloned Orcs

Post by Gigaplex » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Really,

You clone an Orc and call him a Knight? Thought you guys were going to think outside the box on this one?

drhoule
In-game user name:

Re: Knights look like cloned Orcs

Post by drhoule » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:30 pm

I find them to be quite different in card selection, and skills selection as well. They have a lot of healing compared to orcs. Might costs 1 more, so they can't be as efficient as orcs, but they also get resistance for 8 pts. I gather the intent is for a class that does not just stack 1 skill up like the other 3.

But I do agree with you, they are fairly close.

Inanen
In-game user name:

Post by Inanen » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:47 am

First and foremost both of them are melee classes. I believe that there will be some over lapping of talent, but so far I'm finding the Knight to be the strongest class of those available, penalized only because he plays to my style. Defensive & offensive.

I am still working on my Knight right now. He's got a better win ratio than either of my other heroes. I still love the fact that he's pretty much the only class that you can have a 3 card play with under level 50.

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi guys, i like how Inanen describe the situation. He is right. There are same class in the end. We will be introducing new characters from the other two classes in the future. The basic idea is to have the class a the starting point of a character and the deviate its abilities based on the race. For example Orcs are always going to be somewhat damage dealers and Humans - defenders and counter-attackers. In fact all characters overlap. There are a lot of cards that every character could play - so called common for all.

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:07 pm

Yes indeed they look like orcs, not just becouse they are meele, but also i.m.o, becouse both are solid characters. Very intuitive cards, good chalenge. I am pleased with it just as with orcs.
I believe sooner we will see some ranged elf(Hunter), and Orc caster(shaman).

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:26 am

We made some discrepancy in the build of the Human Knight. His stats actually should be different, we are just about to change them and to make free stats reset to all Human Knight characters in the game.

The current and correct stats of the Human Knight are:
9 stats for 10 HP
1 stat for 1 EP
7 stats for 1 Might
7 stats for 1 Resistance
12 stats for 1 Regeneration

I disagree with Gigaplex, it is very different character. Actually only the common Melee cards they share make them closer to each other. The fact that they can choose whether to boost their Might or Resistance make them very interesting. You can have completely different Human Knight builds. Also the special card of the Human Knight is completely different and Inanen is right about the higher number of healing cards.