Orc Shaman Expansion

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

Motylek
In-game user name:

Re: Orc Shaman Expansion

Post by Motylek » Sun May 29, 2016 9:03 am

Now my Orc Shaman is on level 52, so I can give better feedback ...

1) I already mentioned Parasite Infection combo being overpowered in previous posts. Parasite Infection and Elven Agility is totally over the top especially because it is Buff slot combo. It must be much much much more decent in regeneration reduction and bonus damage reduction.

2) Special card Prophecy is placing graphical effect of watching eyes in a little disturbing way. I would prefer to shift that graphical effect either above or under cards in hand to see which card is which just at first glance. Both for opponents hand (when my Shaman plays Prophecy) and for my hand (when opponents shaman plays Prophecy).

3) I mentioned before, that I like shapeshifting mechanic, but I am a little disappointed how both Bear and Jaguar forms are practically same. I would suggest bigger difference between them. If you look at "Brutal Grizzly" and "Brutal Jaguar" as the highest shapeshifting forms (combos), which are both composed by 4 cards, they are different only marginally. They both have 6 attributes, which are of same nature (basic damage, bonus damage, reduce opponents bonus damage, bonus HP, self damage and shapeshift).

I would suggest something like this instead ...
- Bear form and its combos, especially in final highest (4 cards combo) form should have attributes like basic damage (higher than Jaguar), bonus damage (higher than Jaguar), bonus HP (higher than Jaguar) and defense. (Plus obligatory self damage and shapeshift.)
- Jaguar form and its combos, especially in final highest (4 cards combo) form should have attributes like basic damage (lower than Bear), bonus damage (lower than Bear), bonus HP (lower than Bear), reduce opponents basic damage, reduce opponents bonus damage and regeneration. (Plus obligatory self damage and shapeshift.)

My reasoning for it is that ...
- Bear is strong and big (more than Jaguar) [basic damage, bonus damage], with higher endurance/resistance (more than Jaguar) [bonus HP, defense], but also not so difficult to hit (unlike Jaguar).
- Jaguar is agile and is generally not so easy to get hit [reduce basic damage] and even when he is hit, due to something like instinctive dodge [reduce bonus damage], he is not hit with full power and Jaguar is also from cat family, so he should have 9 lives [regeneration] :-)

4) I think, that Orc Shaman skills are a bit over the top, but I will return to this later with more experience.

Best regards
Motylek

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Mon May 30, 2016 8:33 am

Hello,
... bit of feedback about Orc Shaman campaigns ...

I enjoy campaigns introduced with last expansion and I have to say, they are nicely done from point of story telling. There are some grammar and style errors, but it is not really problem for me as I know, that game designers are not native English speakers. But when I come to 3rd Orc Shaman campaign named "Because I can", I thought it is strange. In previous campaigns, apprentice of Godan Skullsong (your own hero) was playing high game with lots of rational thinking. Contrary "because I can" is typical "argument" (it is not argument at all) of somebody, who dislikes analyse and logical rational thinking, not to mention multi-layer thinking. "Because I can" really hurts logical consistency of Godan Skullsong apprentice personality. Expression "because I can" is typically used when somebody can not find arguments that he could rationally defend in discussion or when somebody is unsure about his own thinking/reasoning. Like if he would not be able to explain it to himself. And that really does not fit to somebody who was able to outsmart leader of Orc Shamans, who are supposed to be on high mental level.
Is there any chance of slightly altering preface to story of 3rd Orc Shaman campaign?

Best regards
Motylek

Skill Hunter
In-game user name: Skill Hunter

Post by Skill Hunter » Mon May 30, 2016 10:24 pm

Hello
About the Orc Shaman
I was wondering about something
Now every character got a weakness
Strong and experience player explode that weakness and try to erase theirs
But about the new character i cant find any weakness ?
Not a single one !!!!!!
It got a high might
And also a high regenration
And a good amount of HP
And an awesome combos
And a great EP
So ????
Did you give it a weakness? Or not ?
Cause i was building a deck against him so
I said well it us a Caster so the deck shouldnt be different from a keeper deck but then I realized he have a great might and powerful attacking combo so big deck and waiting for the right cards wont do cause i will be dead long time before
So i said he is an orc so try to stop his might with mystifi and kill his EP to stop him from killing you but then I realized he hot allot of EP and he can regenerate each turn do basically i cant use that tactics eaither ?!?!???
So how do you stop a might of an orc with a regenration of a keeper ?!?!?!? Why you didnt called him a God why called it an orc shaman ???

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Mon May 30, 2016 11:00 pm

Skill Hunter, you forgot to mention also good opponents bonus damage reduction, good opponents EP reduction and skills are probably pushed further than for other heroes too.

Orc Shaman was definitelly overall pushed to be significant competitor for the best hero in the game. And I would guess that push was done intentionally. I would wish if Orc Shaman would have been more tested before being released and also it should have been designed by somebody, who has great game experience, especially on high level end. I am afraid, that designers of Orc Shaman do not have either rich enough game experience or sense for proper balance, but ... I would still give it some time. I think, there are not throughly examined all options yet and there will be still probably more balance changes.

Nonetheless, I personally withdraw from any 90+ level PVP duels due to fundamentally wrong design of Shamanic Curse itself and also its combos as well. I provided my reasoning before in detail about fundamental function and difference between buff slot and battlefield slot cards. Shamanic Curse is stronger than most of battlefield slot cards, while being buff slot card and adjusting its duration is not enough to make up for "basics breaking" design.

Motylek

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Tue May 31, 2016 6:53 am

Once again on Shamanic Curse and its combos ...

Just compare combos
~ Shamanic Curse (heroic buff) + 1 epic buff + 1 mythical battlefield
~ Elven Vigor (heroic battlefield) + Human Tactics (heroic battlefield) + Orc Ferocity (heroic battlefield) + 1 mythical battlefield

Those combos with 3 cards where is 1 heroic, 1 mythical and 1 epic card are at least even in power or in some cases even stronger than 3 heroic cards and 1 mythical card combos. It does not fit not only because of rarity of cards, total number of cards in combos, but also because of its battlefield/buff slot status and purpose.
:!: Combos with higher rarity should be generally more powerful than otherwise.
:!: Combos with more cards in it should be generally more powerful than otherwise. I can understand some exceptions with good reason behind it.
:!: Buff slot combos MUST be significantly more decent than battlefield slot combos and there is no way around it.

I do not understand why game designers do not see those simple and clear facts and why they push Shamanic Curse so hard in attempt to make it the most powerful Heroic card in the game. It is buff slot card, do not you see so? Could you please, pretty please, explain your reasons why you want it to be the best Heroic card? I would really like to hear it and think about it, if I did some mistake in my way of logical thinking or if I missed some important detail, that will change how I understand it.

Best regards
Motylek

PS: If I should present my own idea what Shamanic Curse should do ... What is already defined is its name (it is suggesting it should do something negative to opponent) and its buff slot status (it should not be overly powerful). Also since it is Heroic card, it should have calmness 3 and 10 turns duration. My suggestion would be ...
Shamanic Curse
-1 bonus damage for opponent
-1 defense for opponent
-1 heal for opponent
-1 EP for opponent when he is melee class or -2 EP for opponent when he is ranged class or -4 EP for opponent when he is caster class
10 turns duration
<=3 calmness
Combos of my version of Shamanic Curse would tenfold those values if they would contain at least 2 battlefield slot cards in it, lets say both Mythical cards related to hero, plus they will add their own effect. At example for Orc Warrior it would be Shattering Strike and Blood Festival effect plus tenfolded effect of my version of Shamanic Curse. This is just my first shot idea without having months of time to think since Orc Shaman hero was first announced.

Skill Hunter

Post by Skill Hunter » Tue May 31, 2016 5:13 pm

Hello
About that shamanic curse ?!
I have a question
Now when i play that card my opponent play one one (mythical,heroic) card
But when he play it i cant play any one of them ?!?!?
Why is that ???

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:45 am

@Skillhunter
Do you still encounter issues with Shamanic Curse?

Skill Hunter

Post by Skill Hunter » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:14 pm

Hello
Andrey its not issues actually
I realized that against the any elf character when that combo plays you can not even play any myth or heroc cards !!! While if you play that combo with any character except elves your enemy will have to play one myth or heroc cards which dont look fair to me
I should at least be able to play one myth card or heroc against the shamanic curse combo