Game balance

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

Inanen
In-game user name:

Game balance

Post by Inanen » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:23 am

I understand that quite a few of my fellow gamers are not happy with some of the changes that were made recently. I think that given some time you are going to find that the balance changes are to everyone's benefit.

If you are upset about not finding the mythical / epic & elite cards, perhaps you should take the time to invest in some skills, particularly the late game skills. There is a great combo to invest in: the skill that allows you to increase the amount of cards drawn and the amount that you can discard.

Example for the knight:

Purity lvl 2 increases the discard rate to 3 a round. Total investment: 20k gold, lvl 45 hero & 54 days 13 hours and 20 minutes.

Intelligence lvl 1 increases draw rate by 1. Total Investment: 25k gold, lvl 50 hero & 69 days 10 hours and 40 minutes.

So therefor every round you will can be +4/-3 cards. Allowing yourself to go against the AI on easy or normal difficulty you'll find any and all cards quickly.

Just food for thought.
Last edited by Inanen on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Re: Game balance

Post by Syndharos » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:10 am

You just forgot to mention the time those skills need to be learned.
69 days for inteligence :(
Also if the chances are for each draw, the faster way is to draw the first 10 cards of the first round, and if nothing comes just surrender, restart and pull another 10.
Last edited by Syndharos on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Inanen
In-game user name:

Post by Inanen » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:37 am

Syndharos wrote:You just forgot to mention the time those skills need to be learned.
69 days for inteligence :(
You're absolutely right I'd forgotten to mention the time investment, I've gone back and corrected for that. Although as the Essence Team has pointed out previously this game is rewarding for those players who invest the time into their heroes.

Please don't take the previous statement as arrogance or patronizing, that was not my intent. I only mean to say that; for those players who are not the "trial" players, but the actual players who's stuck it out through the various changes the rewards are abundant.

Also remember that the game is still in its beta phase; so there are bound to be numerous changes along the way that are made to ensure that each player is capable of playing, and not being trampled upon by those who have played it forever.

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:43 am

My problem here is that they gave me an answer about how the Card Packs work that is not true.
They said that cards dont repeat in the same pack, and that the cards are randomly picked from ALL playable cards for the character. So I opened more than 50 packs and many cards playble for my character havend poped. While others have appeared even 3 times in the same pack.
So I would rather that they said honestly wich cards could be found in the packs and wich not. I dont believe it would be this hard to make an icon that shows it on the packs.
What I believe is that some of the cards only appear in random deck, and others only in packs.
Like I never pulled a mistify from random deck, but I have more than 50 of it from packs, also I never got a Tribal Totem from any of the 50 packs, but the only I seen was from the random deck, same thing with Prayer, only one I ever had was from random deck.
SO I sugest they change things here, and make those so abundant "common for all" cards to be in the random deck only, and only "class specific" cards to come in the pack.
I mean I rather have found Devotion on the pack bough by my knight, and wisdom in the random deck with any hero,
than get wisdom in almost every pack for all heroes, and pull a devotion with my ORC!!

I mean I wish I could find Prayer, Rage, Devotion, Enlightment, Tribal Totem, and many others Elite/Epic from the pack, so I could have more options to build colector decks, so when I got bored of one playstyle I could rebuild the deck and have a diferent experiece, instead of spending days pulling random deck for a very small chance over and over.
Why not then create a system where you have more chances to pull Epic/ELite cards?

Example:
Every day when you loggin you gain a "faith" point and the more faith you have makes higher your chances of pulling high lvl cards.
Then you can set a max number of *faith, and a point where they reset.
That would help ppl get good cards, and make them login every day, rewarding those more dedicated players.

About what they did to balance the classes it was just so sad to see that they rather bring down the good class than to raise the others too.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:37 am

Syndharos, about the card packs we really messed up with that bug. Actually this bug is from very long time and nobody has complains about it (before yourself) and for that we didn't notice it.
About the chances, the Random Deck, etc. we will think about some new feature that increases your chances - this will be cool.

About the new changes, please check them - we didn't bring down the Orc Warrior - actually I was planning to bring down each of the characters with some % (the most powerful combos), but later decided that the better solution is to keep all the numbers but change the damage type - from pure damage to bonus damage, that can be countered with mystify (and with the new combo with mystify which will even further reduce opponen'ts bonus damage).

Also most of the changes actually affect the Human Rogue and I took some of your advice about it - making his cards and combos more dedicated and more non-scattered. Check them out and share your opinion :)