50% successful completed online battes

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

Torrentula
In-game user name:

50% successful completed online battes

Post by Torrentula » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:13 pm

I hope a fix is in the works here. I have no runs yet ill bet less then half my battles went to the end. I want to play offline because of it but I get 20xp or 50 gold for AI battles on normal. So that's not worth playing except to get cards. with the 3 card limit per card I'm eventually forced to go back online to get anywhere. The entire game to me hangs on playing online. Most of the time I click the flashing battle button and get no one found or wait as if it didn't mean someone was waiting for the battle.

what I'm curious about
does that flashing button keep one flashing for a certain duration after triggered or stop immediately withing reason when other players are taken up? I get no speed boost in finding a partner when it does flash.

the big issue is lowering priority on players who don't complete games. its a good 10 minutes into battle. finding some nice cards only to get nothing when it closes the session. Maybe pair latency and players percentage of completed games to find partners. Even restrict countries with other one if you can see a low success rate between a few combinations.

I get not wanting to reward unfinished games to avoid charging. I think after 10 rounds its safe to say its 99 percent a legit battle. A reward should be given. I did receive cards I think on a few of these yet others nothing. No screen about a win, cards or xp. What's the status of all this? Just saw a message about restarting to keep game open for save state so maybe just technical issue. if that's the case feelnfree to delete this and not clog up the forums. Maybe reply and give it 24 hours :)

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Re: 50% successful completed online battes

Post by 1mb4k4 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:43 am

Hi,

All, the battle including the single player ones are online. So if you have no trouble while playing single player and experiencing issues while playing multiplier it is most likely your opponents causing it.
The flashing button will stop if the game that was available is taken or is terminated. There is no speeding boosts or any priority. The flashing is aimed to encourage more people to play in ranking mode.

The droppers annoy the decent players all the time. The liberal behavior of the game regarding droppers will most likely change...
Just saw a message about restarting to keep game open for save state so maybe just technical issue.
This is not clear to me. What do you mean?

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Post by Gigaplex » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Yeah ranking battles are not as great as they once were. Most of these guys pull on purpose and developers are not really going to address the issue. You'll end up hearing the same lame excuses i.e. ,"We don't know how to detect a pull from a drop. Or We can't punish people with weak connections." Just look at the drop rates or zeros associated with some accounts and you'll quickly figure out who the lame ones are. Well, hang in there and keep grinding dude.

Erik414
In-game user name:

Post by Erik414 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:57 am

To be honest i travel for a living and often loose signal or am in a poor signal area when away from home and if it drops because i loose signal i would have no problem with the other guy getting the win by default. If it keeps people from pulling when they are about to loose it would be just fine with me.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:01 am

So, you all suggest to make this for a drop:
1) The dropper gets loss and loses ranking points;
2) The other player gets a win and wins ranking points?

Because Erik414 is OK when he drops, the other player to get a win and ranking points, but is he OK to get a loss and to lose ranking points?

Erik414
In-game user name:

Post by Erik414 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:45 pm

I am not sure how everyone else would feel about the ranking points. Whatever you decide works best for me. But you should at leat give gold and experience to the winner. Same as if he had finished match.

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Post by Gigaplex » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:15 pm

Yes,

Droppers should get lost and lose points for dropping. Makes the game really silly if all they need to do is just pull the plug. Winners should get points and rankings. I could record countless videos of people pulling the plug on purpose. This would force them to surrender without losing points instead of dropping all together. If you don't like the matchup, "just surrender like everyone else." It's time to get tough on the droppers.

Erik414
In-game user name:

Post by Erik414 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:51 pm

I have to agree with gigaplex on this one. If i could record matchs you could clearly see when people pull just before a win. So if they only way to stop that means legit drops suffer to then so be it. But gigaplex you do realize that they will just keep hitting stop when they see they are going to be fighting someone they can't beat. I think once paired up against someone you shouldn't be able to stop the match. Because sometimes i have been matched up against someone over and over only to have them quit before it starts over and over again.

Erik414
In-game user name:

Post by Erik414 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:04 pm

I will say it's frustrating when someone pulls. But to be honest i have not had it happen for a while now. Maybe people are realizing that someone is watching now.

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Post by Gigaplex » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Well,

Maybe the devs will finally get this resolved. Who knows the only option now is to play and wait.