Roar gets reduce, yet another bad call

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Roar gets reduce, yet another bad call

Post by Gigaplex » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:46 pm

Roflmao,

Orcs get one good card out of the changes and you remove it. lol What's point of having a card that only removes two from the deck. I thought roar was created in order to punish people with short decks. If it's only going to remove two cards. Don't think any Orcs are going to keep it in there deck going forward. It's going back to the stashed deck like the useless totems which no one uses anymore. This is yet another means to dictate the cards they actually want Orcs to use. Also, a +1 to marauding Elite does not equate to -1 in roar Epic. lol

One last thing: people always play 2 cards each turn. So, how does reducing their hand by two cards affect anything. Congratulations, you just figured out how to make Roar useless while adding a free dispel combo to the other races. Real Balanced there. These changes to Roar have fail all over them.

Final point i'm going to make on this really.

Let's just call Roar what it is going forward. A useless card that was promoted to Epic in order to claim Orcs now have a three card combo like the rest of them. Reducing the hand area by 2 instead of three makes no sense. This was done as another knee jerk reaction to people who feel their hero's should have everything and Orcs be left with nothing. I don't know what was dumber, "Upgrading it to Epic or reducing it once it was upgraded." Why, all in the name of balancing the game. It's so ridiculous now that other classes have a dispel combo. Where an Orc's only form of dispel was made none existence. Who in their right mind will be attempting to play Roar in combos going forward. It just proves the point a made a long time ago. Increase same card by one until it's maxed out!

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Re: Roar gets reduce, yet another bad call

Post by 1mb4k4 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi,

The Roar was imbalanced, it was way too strong ...
Please, check the updated combos. There are combos that allow you to apply and effect similar to what Roar did.
This way the players are encouraged to play combos for a grater effect!

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Post by Gigaplex » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:22 pm

First,

I've read the list of new melee combos written about and they are not even in the combo chart. So, this leaves me with two questions.

1.What cards are required to play them?
2.What are there effects?

Thanks

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:22 pm

My bad - I did everything but activate the new combos. But now they are activated and should be visible in the catalog. But imb4k4 is talking about the combos with the card Roar.

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Post by Gigaplex » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:26 am

lol, now that the new skills are posted this is what happened.

You took an Orc Epic and reduced it under the guise of -3 from the hand was too overpowered. Yet, you guys turn around and claim but if you add 9 additional cards to deck. Then, it's okay under the so called balance doctrine? Are you kidding me. Roar and it's talent were okay for three additional cards to the deck. But i'm not about to add 9 cards for the so called new combos with the same effect. Plus keeping a useless Roar which would bump the total up to 12 new cards. So this is how the new change might play out. Dropping Roar to one card and reduce Battlelust back to 2 cards only in a deck. Reason being, we know it's only useful for Orcish War. Afterwards, Picking up one Toughness and three Charges. As a value added card Roar drops back down to the bottom of the list.

Thanks

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:16 am

The Roar was too strong, because of the dismissed cards from the hand of the opponent, not for the reduced hand itself. We can return the -3 hand value, but reduce the Duration of Roar to 2 and introduce a special anti-combo, that will be composed of 2 Roar cards with anti-effect of reducing the total amount of 6 reduced hand slots. Do you prefer the second solution?

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Post by Gigaplex » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Yes,

Would prefer the Second Solution with a -3 hand value and a Duration of 2. I still can't see why you guys just can't use a -3 hand value with Duration of 3. Considering the following, once someone plays Dispel from their deck. Those cards are gone for good and we've just lost the value of Roar completely. Whatever keep the -3 Hand value per card works for me.

Thanks

drhoule
In-game user name:

Post by drhoule » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Why can't you return the cards removed from the hand to the top of the draw pile instead of the discarded pile?

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Post by Gigaplex » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Drhoule,

Returning card to the hand would be great for the opponent but then make the card useless for the people like me who actually play it. Roar is one of the few defensive cards Orcs have of any value. Don't know about others but i use it mainly to punish short decks or break other down during critical moments of battle. Roars are so valuable in a -3 4 form. I would rather it be changed to Mythical status and keep the original stats. Roar in it's past state felt like a Mythical Card. Was actually surprised they didn't bump it up to Mythical. Yet, it's an Elite card at best in it's current state. Hope this gives you a better understanding from an Orc players point of view.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:49 am

Ok, we'll return the -3 value and reduce its duration.