Roar gets reduce, yet another bad call

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Re: Roar gets reduce, yet another bad call

Post by Syndharos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:18 pm

in my game Roar has reducion 3 and duration 3, its realy something powerfull if you figure 2 of those played toguether, and a third on next round. I realy dont wont to find someone doing this, becouse it simply remove any defence or atack for a few turns, wich against Orcs are realy dangerous. Anyway, I like playng with Orcs and that is waht I do, and its very efective XD.

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Post by Gigaplex » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:23 pm

lol, no kidding Sherlock? If you can't handle someone attacking with two Roars. It means, your deck was too short or lacking dispels to start with.

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:10 pm

We are not debating about my deck. Focus on the card.
I believe that duration 2 would put it along with Sunset and Honor Guidance.
In fact maybe only Honor Guidance could have a higher duration since its effect dont stack.
But once again, we are talking about the Roar.

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Post by Gigaplex » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:15 pm

LOL,

The debate is already over. Try to keep up with the topics next time instead of interjecting whenever you see a mod post something. However, if you really want to debate Roar. It should be -3 with a duration of 4. Yet, any good Orc should still be able e to use it at -3 and Duration 3. Anyone who has a grasp of the cards understands that reducing a deck by 2 does nothing to affect the game. Try to figure that out the next you're pulling four cards from the deck. Also, don't leave silly comments of how you would play with Roar if you don't want anyone commenting on your deck. Is that simple enough for you?
Last edited by Gigaplex on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:35 pm

In fact too simple. And boring.
What I see is:
by Essence Team » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:16 am

The Roar was too strong, because of the dismissed cards from the hand of the opponent, not for the reduced hand itself. We can return the -3 hand value, but reduce the Duration of Roar to 2 and introduce a special anti-combo, that will be composed of 2 Roar cards with anti-effect of reducing the total amount of 6 reduced hand slots. Do you prefer the second solution?
And what they did wanst it, the duration is 3 and not 2 as they posted. And no special anti-combo.
Also the -3 hand is fine, problem is the duration. They realy should have reduced it to 2.
This way is easy to reduce anyones hand to 3 cards or even 1 if you dont get the dispel.

So if they say they would do something and its not done, then its not over for me. ^^

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Post by Gigaplex » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:39 pm

LOL,

Keep looking for post to quote. Of course, you have nothing to add to the conversation because you've brought nothing to the table to start with. Why don't you wait for the devs or mods to make another post. So, you can rush to comment on those as well. roflmao

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:46 pm

You realy must be a funny person. ^^
Since I add nothing to the conversation, its weird you keep comenting my "nothing"

Are you jealous? I can rush to comment your posts too if you like ;)

Gigaplex
In-game user name:

Post by Gigaplex » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:49 pm

You already did. lol I'm surprised you didn't quote my last comment. lol

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:07 am

Chill up boyz :)
The balancing of such special attributes like forbid collector's deck, reduce hand, increase play, etc. is hard work. Only the empirical approach can give the best balance of these special attributes, which is why we have to make changes so often. As you both know some weeks ago the Orc and the Elf players were complaining all day long about the Honor Guidance and its forbid collector deck attribute, and they were right. We reduced its duration and boosted the corresponding cards and combos of the Orcs and the Elves. Than the new complains came from the Humans and the Elves about the Roar and they were right. We announced and reduced its value from -3 to -2 hand, but the new Roar became too weak in comparison with Sunset and Honor Guidance - and that is truth. So now we made the first part of the solution - making the Roar -3 hand with duration 3 and with higher EP cost value (to be harder for an Orc Warrior to play 2 Roars in one turn). The second part of the solution is the new skill, which is currently under construction.
Gigaplex is too rude against Syndharos, but has a point. There are options for every hero to counter double or even triple Roars, which is the most important fact. Yes, if the Orc manages to play 2 Roars in one turn, and a third Roar in the next turn and you as a Human Rogue for example don't have Dispel, you are fucked. But also if you manage to play Honor Guidance before him and boost it with combo or with increase duration and he didn't draw more than 1 Roar from his deck, nor Dispel, nor any card with reduce duration, he will be fucked :) My point is - all these special attributes act like the damage/block/heal/reduce whatever - it is all about who will take the initiative in the battle first, who will make his opponent to waste his strong cards, who will trap the other, etc.