Just passing by.

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Just passing by.

Post by Syndharos » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:05 am

Hello there. Its been a long time!

Well, I have observed the changes in the game, but unfortunately, not seen anything that gives me desire to return to action. It seems to me that the game has increased the focus on functionality for portable gadgets with the function: "touch". At first it was hard to get used to playing on the tablet even when I'm home. It just became uncomfortable playing with the mouse. (Can you guys make the old style / swipe as optional?)

What else... :roll:

Oh, I'm curious to see the system calmness, I confess I'm a little afraid of it.
AndI do not like the changes in the prices of the packages as "encouraging" the use of random deck. Participate in battles hoping to gain new cards randomly one by one is boring, at least,and can be very tedious and frustrating. The packages fulfill this function more efficiently and more exciting. Seriously, it's more interesting to participate in 20 (or more) battles to raise funds to buy a package with 5 new cards, than doing 20 battles to risk the possibility of gaining 5 new cards. But whatever. Just expressing my opinion, not wanting to start any debate.

No matter what, I still love this game. Congratulations, Good Luck, bye-bye.

TheStoic
In-game user name:

Re: Just passing by.

Post by TheStoic » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:31 am

Syndharos wrote:Seriously, it's more interesting to participate in 20 (or more) battles to raise funds to buy a package with 5 new cards, than doing 20 battles to risk the possibility of gaining 5 new cards. But whatever. Just expressing my opinion, not wanting to start any debate.
Well, I do agree with you on this statement, I've been training with an AI with 'very hard' difficulty to get new cards, if I recall, I got a few cards. But I won't give up, I'll keep fighting to get those essential cards to boost my deck.

Kotori Acadius
In-game user name:

Post by Kotori Acadius » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:10 am

I welcome you on your return to play eldhelm. As the gentlemen above stated I also agree with get new cards from the randomized deck is very tedious I have fought the A.I in training for over 60 battles and have acquired only about 13 elites, 4 epic and that's About it. I find myself half asleep during these matches with very little profit I think the developers should revisit the draw percentage and increase rate for drawing elites,epic, and maybe mythical cards. On the other hand I feel like the price change for card packs is a wonderful change it does help out prevent player obtaining powerful cards at very early level. Keeps the game more interesting and fair in my opinion.

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:15 pm

:o OMG, there is still ppl reading here!

Well..
The biggest problem(IMO) seems to be this: :arrow: When we walked in competitive battles, the last thing you want is to use random deck.
So either we enter a battle to win, or we get into a battle to hunt cards in random deck. And these battles we do not necessarily want to win, we just want it to last as much as possible so we can draw a lot of cards from the random deck with a single match.

So, I agree, strong cards at the beginning of the game take away the challenge. But I believe that other solutions could have been considered, :geek: for example:

_ Restrict access to some packs of cards on the market according to the lvl of the player/character.
_ Remove the packages of 10 cards from the market. (Could put it as prize in Game of Luck :?: ).

And if the intention is to keep the players using the random deck in competitive battles, they could just implement the system of "calmness" in the entire collector deck, like: "the first 10 cards of each match should be from random deck."(bad idea, but anyway :idea: )

Raising the price seems like an easy and fast solution, but not the best one. :(

I'm glad to see that there are still some players active in this forum, things seemed a bit dead around here lately. ;)

I'm hoping to see some more updates to bring old players back and ignite this forum again before Christmas! :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Yeah I'm a Dreamer waiting for the Elf Ranged

TheStoic
In-game user name:

Post by TheStoic » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:11 am

Kotori Acadius wrote:I welcome you on your return to play eldhelm. As the gentlemen above stated I also agree with get new cards from the randomized deck is very tedious I have fought the A.I in training for over 60 battles and have acquired only about 13 elites, 4 epic and that's About it. I find myself half asleep during these matches with very little profit I think the developers should revisit the draw percentage and increase rate for drawing elites,epic, and maybe mythical cards. On the other hand I feel like the price change for card packs is a wonderful change it does help out prevent player obtaining powerful cards at very early level. Keeps the game more interesting and fair in my opinion.
I guess I was really lucky yesterday then, draw a Mythical Card, Viaticum from random deck.

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi, guys :)
Nice to hear from you Syndharos!

You see the players who played the game before the "Slay the beast" and "Daily quest" game modes were in an very different position regarding gold prices.
Adding these two new game modes added inflation over the gold and the rising of the prices was kind of mandatory to keep the game challenging and interesting!

The calmness is just one of the measures that we will add to balance the game. It is a very flexible one giving us a base and a a tool for controlling a powerful new abilities we plan of adding.
I like that you are throwing ideas, in fact it wall cam together by such ideas :), so be welcome for any suggestions and other ideas!

For everyone reading this, nice cards fall from the random deck! :)
You should know that, yeah, its luck but it is also statistics. A chance of 0.00025% (the current chance for mythical and it is a steady one, all levels, all difficulties, all game modes) means that you have to draw 10000 cards from the random deck to get two/three mythicals. If we say we draw 40 cards per game (10-12 turns plus the initial draw phase on average) then it turns out you have to play 250 games (in worst case scenario) to find two or three mythicals (depending on your luck :), not counting all the epics and elites you will get). What are 250 games? To put it in perspective, only the campaigns have 96 enemies! Yes, you most likely won't get all the best cards in the first week of playing (on average), but then you will, for sure! :)

Here in Eldhelm we want players who like to stay with the game grow with it, give us feedback so we could improve it :) It is not an aim and fire game, it is strategic one. That's why many people find too damn hard, and others too damn easy :)

We are also focused on improving the game performance and usability. Currently, Android/iOS players (on tablets and phones) are by far more than any desktop/web players. So it is a priority to make it as smooth as possible on those devices and user friendly on mobile devices. Am i the online who likes the swipe controls more even with the mouse, an on desktop you have a keyboard hotkeys :) Anyway i am putting a task in my todo list to make "click to play" option available for desktop, I am not giving any deadline whatsoever :)

And yes, the Elf archer is coming. It just a slow process with all its clothing and customizations and so on :)

Hope all this info helps!
Stay tuned :)

Kotori Acadius
In-game user name:

Post by Kotori Acadius » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:01 pm

That heart lifting to hear that a new class coming out! Would love to know an estimate when it might come. Also on the calmness regard it a nice strategy to stop players from unleashing powerful combos. However I still don't think it will be enough if all your opponents play with a small deck and wait for timer to run down and only play mythical cards and cards like roar or marauding to pass the time then once they get the all clear they use royal blood and play all there heroic cards and mythical cards in the 3 or forth turn....I'm telling you if you don't put a minimum card limit depending on your level (ex: lv1-10 deck min 10, 11-20 deck min 20) and keep increasing until it gets to 50 and stops I think this is the only way to fix this problem....A probelm I have to endure every day I play this game and each day I lose interest on this wonderful game.

Syndharos
In-game user name:

Post by Syndharos » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:58 pm

HAHA!
It's nice to hear such wonderful news for you too 1mb4k4!
With all that said you can be sure I'll keep tuned. ;)
Try to release the new class before my birthday! (April/14)

Kotori, looks like calmness wont be the only measure to balance this problem(old one btw). And this lack of interest you talk about is common when you have no news, and achieve most of your goals, I think we all come to a day to take a break. :roll:
But dont worry, this game only gets better with time and I am so glad I can see it grow.

I have played several other CCGs meanwhile, and despite finding in most of them, a larger community, more frequent updates, etc ... this is by far the most captivating, complex, unique, deep, fun and truly estrategic.
Reminds me of a very old card game called Spellfire.

I believe that once this game reach a more advanced stage of development or something more stable to ensure developers a tranquility to invest only in disseminating this game, it has the potential to receive many awards. I am just sayng... this is the kind of game you always want more, it keeps you comming back for more. :P

TheStoic
In-game user name:

Great game indeed

Post by TheStoic » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:48 am

It is a great game, I can waste hours playing this game. :D

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:29 pm

Syndharos, you are absolutely right, we implemented many features and options in the past year. It is time to focus more on adding more cards and heroes and achievements, to keep the players intrested!