Does anyone consider character skills are game breaking?

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

Post Reply
Kotori Acadius
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:46 am
In-game user name:

Does anyone consider character skills are game breaking?

Post by Kotori Acadius » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Hello fellow forum users,

Its been quite a while since I last played eldhelm, I just started playing again around March. I was very eager to try out the new goodies Andrey and the rest of essence team made for us, they made me craving for more. However once I exhausted all the new content and acquired the new cards. I found myself with a lv89 human rogue and not many opponents around my level to have a fair fight with. I past the time playing either training mode or trying to get at least a little gold out of the beast. Fortune smiled upon me some time after with players around or above my level. Naturally I was excited to challenge them to a battle., but then I was hit with a reality check of this game. This game still I had the the same issues that lead me to abandon this game like before. Players still battle with a small deck and there is no minimum deck limit in rank mode and secondly are the over powered skills that increase same card limit,buff slots,and the worst of all increase bonuses duration plus bonus decrease duration skills. I know I'm sounding like a sore loser but seriously how can you call this a strategy game or a game of skill if your opponents can play there mythical cards and increase there duration by 6 and decrease yours by 5 its broken guys and it isn't very fun to play against these over powered players.

I don't know what you fellow forum members think about character skills but I for one think they should be removed or disabled in rank mode just to make the game fair for everybody. I would like to hear your opinions about this matter. If you agree or disagree, or if you think I'm just a sore loser and should sit in the corner and cry. Please share and have a pleasant day.

Nikodemus
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:04 pm
In-game user name:

Re: Does anyone consider character skills are game breaking?

Post by Nikodemus » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:58 pm

While I agree that some of the skills are OP'd my question to you is this...

What is stopping you from training in and employing these same strategies? Are you upset that your strategies aren't as good as your opponents or is it they have spent real money(which supports this game you like) and have more gold to train?

Time to man up. Gotta pay the cost...to be the boss.

Kotori Acadius
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:46 am
In-game user name:

Re: Does anyone consider character skills are game breaking?

Post by Kotori Acadius » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:33 pm

Nikodemus wrote:While I agree that some of the skills are OP'd my question to you is this...

What is stopping you from training in and employing these same strategies? Are you upset that your strategies aren't as good as your opponents or is it they have spent real money(which supports this game you like) and have more gold to train?

Time to man up. Gotta pay the cost...to be the boss.

I realize this topic is more of a hussy fit topic and I acknowledge that. To answer your question if they did spent real money for the skills then I'm quite glad about it since Andrey and the rest of essence team needs some donations and I also donated for this cause also, however I never spent the credits for an unfair advantage over others,just in characters slots and clothes,(P.S did you guys know if you by a premium set for a specific character and then delete that same character you lose your purchase,man I wish I had a heads up before I deleted my lv89 rogue what a waste of 100 credits.)

For my strategy in how I play as the rogue. its pretty much exactly like any other expert on the rogue full of mythical cards, shadow strike, back stab, rogue tactics, prayer, dispel, cloak, strategic excellence, cripple, trap, honor guidance, rum, inner strength, accuracy, arrow barrage, take cover, all heroic cards,and poison mastery, archness, toughness, devotion and wisdom for buff cards. Thats what my deck was constructed of , since there isn't much cards in the game to be a little more diverse.. anywho it wasn't strategy he/she had only the necessary cards to make the rogues most strongest combos like orcish poison or royal prayer, also he/she had 5 copies of each card, 5 buff slots, and the best part is 6 bonus duration and 5 bonus decrease duration. What fun was that battle when he had four master plans and 1 death trap and 1 honor guidance all with 5 duration per strategic excellence oooooh it was so fun.

Anywho I digress he/she spent the time/money to get where he/she is right now. So I will do the same I'm going to buckle up my pants and just grind untilled I get there also or if lose interest like I did back in October 2013.

Nikodemus
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:04 pm
In-game user name:

Re: Does anyone consider character skills are game breaking?

Post by Nikodemus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:23 am

I think if you want to balance the game a bit you would slow down deck and hand size advancement.

Essence Team
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:05 pm
In-game user name:

Re: Does anyone consider character skills are game breaking?

Post by Essence Team » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Guys, we introduced the skills mostly to add additional strategy aspects of the game. Not all skills are pure bonus damage or pure heal. Yes there are serious doubts in us about the skills and we have some ideas on that field - like making skill-less tournaments (i.e. tournaments in which no skill can apply) and check the popularity of those.

Also about the high level heroes lacking any challenges we think of some all-day-long multiplayer campaign which will involve them the way they were involved when they were level 5.

Naga02
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:11 pm
In-game user name:

Re: Does anyone consider character skills are game breaking?

Post by Naga02 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:27 pm

I have an idea that could help the issue with players having a hard time finding fair fights with other players. I'll post it in a separate thread so it can have a proper discussion.

Squlque
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 12:17 am
In-game user name:

Re: Does anyone consider character skills are game breaking?

Post by Squlque » Tue May 27, 2014 5:54 pm

Kotori Acadius wrote:Hello fellow forum users,

Its been quite a while since I last played eldhelm, I just started playing again around March. I was very eager to try out the new goodies Andrey and the rest of essence team made for us, they made me craving for more. However once I exhausted all the new content and acquired the new cards. I found myself with a lv89 human rogue and not many opponents around my level to have a fair fight with. I past the time playing either training mode or trying to get at least a little gold out of the beast. Fortune smiled upon me some time after with players around or above my level. Naturally I was excited to challenge them to a battle., but then I was hit with a reality check of this game. This game still I had the the same issues that lead me to abandon this game like before. Players still battle with a small deck and there is no minimum deck limit in rank mode and secondly are the over powered skills that increase same card limit,buff slots,and the worst of all increase bonuses duration plus bonus decrease duration skills. I know I'm sounding like a sore loser but seriously how can you call this a strategy game or a game of skill if your opponents can play there mythical cards and increase there duration by 6 and decrease yours by 5 its broken guys and it isn't very fun to play against these over powered players.

I don't know what you fellow forum members think about character skills but I for one think they should be removed or disabled in rank mode just to make the game fair for everybody. I would like to hear your opinions about this matter. If you agree or disagree, or if you think I'm just a sore loser and should sit in the corner and cry. Please share and have a pleasant day.
I disagree. The skills are expensive and take a lot if time to get. The players that have them have earned them. I too am a high lvl player 90th Orc. And I too have had my butt handed to me by lower level players in ranked games because they were more skilled. But give yourself time. Put in the effort the other players and myself do on our character skills. And soon you will not be the one complying about skills needing to be removed. Also when you face an opponent who is as skilled as you it makes the match much more interesting

1mb4k4
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:26 am
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Re: Does anyone consider character skills are game breaking?

Post by 1mb4k4 » Thu May 29, 2014 12:42 am

Squlque, yes, exactly how we envisioned the skills...
There should be a "like" button here :):)

Squlque
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 12:17 am
In-game user name:

Re: Does anyone consider character skills are game breaking?

Post by Squlque » Thu May 29, 2014 1:29 am

1mb4k4 wrote:Squlque, yes, exactly how we envisioned the skills...
There should be a "like" button here :):)

why thank you. :D

raizeno
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:21 am
In-game user name: Raizeno

Re: Does anyone consider character skills are game breaking?

Post by raizeno » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Well if there were no skills why should high lvl players continue to play after they finish the campaign where is the struggle in the game ? A good player can finish the campaign in 1 day if he is lucky with cards and then what else is there to do for him ?
Also did you know skills take months to upgrade them to high level . And to upgrade all skills you need around 5 mil gold ! Are you able to get that amount of gold ? If not why shouldn't a player that knows how to find gold after he finishes the campaign be rewarded ?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests