Daily Quest Suggestion

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

Nikodemus
In-game user name:

Daily Quest Suggestion

Post by Nikodemus » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:48 am

I have an idea. Race-specific cards with a durability if you will...that causes them to leave the game after a certain # of uses...i.e..played once per duel for X amount of duels. The idea imo would be to maybe let you specialize more or just be simple things like might or regenerate. The possibilities are endless here and I think they would definitely make the daily quests more rewarding if they were given as rewards for the daily quests.

Note: The reward cards should be fairly powerful or powerful when played with other cards and should definitely not last longer than 5 duels.

What do y'all think?

Kotori Acadius
In-game user name:

Re: Daily Quest Suggestion

Post by Kotori Acadius » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:45 am

Its a nice idea if you ask me, however I would like any new card acquired to be permanent hey the more variety the better! Also I would like to add upon your idea what if these new cards are fragmented pieces of a whole card so you have to do a couple of daily quest to collect enough fragments to form a card and keep it! So it adds that RPG factor to your idea and make it a little harder to acquire said cards.

As for the cards themself I was thinking something on the lines of support to help them counter enemy combos for example:
-for the melee class cards that helps them reduce pure damage/ increase or decrease buff slots
- Magic class cards can help with reduce resistance/ reduce regeneration
-Range class cards can help with regeneration/ increases active hand to help against a barrage of three Roars at once!

Also I would like neutral cards for every class cards like
+ "Tranquility Statue" which reduce yours and your opponents pure damage by 100 for 3 turns this card will help you stall for the cards you need or to give time to regenerate the health you have lost.

+"Willpower" this card works similar to dispel but has another additional effect which is to decrease your opponents buff slot by 5 but with a health penalty of 30 damage.

Well that's it for the cards here Is what I was thinking for combos. At the moment buff cards like "Devotion" and cards similar like it are only used to your specific character combo I was think along the lines of giving these buff cards some more combos to add to there lacking roster.

Here are my examples for combos:
* "SHEER WILLPOWER" COMBO: you make this combo by combining the buff card "Devotion" with the card "Concentration" and my made up "Willpower" card
This combo can do the below
1) 20 reduce pure damage
2) increase your health by 30 for one turn
3) heal you for 30 health
4) do what my willpower card stated above/ clear the board and decrease your opponents buff slot by 5 and hurt you for 30 damage

Make the same combo for the rest of the races/classes but replace the card "Devotion" and substitute it with the other classes/races card similar to it , with its on unique difference like for the elf keeper it can be instead of 20 pure damage it gives instead gives 20 bonus resistance and heals them for 60 instead of 30. Slight alterations on the combo depending on what race makes the combo.

Well that's all I have to add and forgive me for the long post and thank you if you read it!

Nikodemus
In-game user name:

Re: Daily Quest Suggestion

Post by Nikodemus » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:35 pm

First off...please feel free to add to/expand on any ideas you have or see.

I love those suggestions but the tranquility statute shouldn't be so strong. It's nearly impossible to muster 100 pure damage so there is no counter to it. Maybe 50 damage reduction for 2 turns.

Also, we could make the "pieces" of the temporary type and make the whole card permanent. Like I said...the possibilities are endless if you make use of temporary cards.