Win - Lose statistics

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

Motylek
In-game user name:

Win - Lose statistics

Post by Motylek » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:09 am

Hello,

I think, win - lose statistics are being counted wrong. After changes in PVP dueling, statistics in character profile are counted probably this way:
Wins are counted as sum of "previous-ranking/current-arena" won duels and "previous-challenge/current-challenge" won duels.
Loses are counted as sum of "previous-ranking/current-arena" lost duels and "current-challenge" lost duels.

I think, that loses should be counted also as sum of all lost duels, but maybe you had some specific reason for counting it this way. Just how it is counted now is making it looking strange.

Best regards
Motylek

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Re: Win - Lose statistics

Post by 1mb4k4 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:14 am

Hi,

Yes you are right, the numbers near your avatar (the cup and the scull) are indeed the sum of arena (ranking) and challenges.
It does not reflect the other modes as they are not used in the ranking on the scoreboard. So these numbers are for PVP and ranking.

If you are comparing these numbers to the stats in the right most of the hero profile, please note that they are displayed as wins against games played (the number in-brackets).

The tournaments and slay the beast have their own scoreboards.
Your wins and looses against AI are displayed in the stats section of the profile just for info.

This change in the display is also a subject to monitoring, we will see how it goes :)

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:35 am

Please let me explain better what I mean.

On left side of my character currently is:
Arena 21 (31)
Challenges 15 (21)
Other statistics like Training, Campaign, Quests, Beast, Tournament are unrelated to this.
On my character portrait (cup and skull) is:
cup 36
skull 11

Now calculating wins is like I posted previously
sum of "previous-ranking/current-arena" won duels and "previous-challenge/current-challenge" won duels. [21 + 15 = 36]
but I would naturally expect to count loses same way as
sum of "previous-ranking/current-arena" lost duels and "previous-challenge/current-challenge" lost duels. [31 - 21 + 21 - 15 = 16]

But sum of loses on my profile and also on every other players profile I examined, is significantly lower than it should be. So I assumed that you are missing some loses from calculation and those are not statistics from tournament, beast, quests, campaign ... Clearly number of loses on every players profile is smaller than it should be, smaller than sum of loses from arena and challenges would be. (Please note, I am aware, that on left side is format of statistics number of won duels, total number of duels.)

I hope I explained it alittle better way than in my first post.

1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Yes, i got what you mean. There are games which are not counted. Usually, a connection problem will lead to games with no result. Some forms of attempted cheating etc.

It really makes it look confusing, i will consider fixing it!
Thanks!

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:30 pm

I have some more observations. Career stats in profile on right sidebar for tournament are also not exactly matching Tournament statistics most winning, all time. I I have one more tournament lose in profile than in tournament statistics.

Also I noticed that new arena duels are being counted as challenges duels in profile. I won 2 arena duels today, but they were counted towards victories in challenges.

1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:10 pm

Thank you, i will check and apply a fix for next update if needed :)

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:28 am

After this weekend tournament (28.6.2014) where I won all duels, tournament statistics went off again. I did not lose even one duel of 2 wins match, all of them were either 2:0 for me or opponent left game. I guess that maybe number of played games was increased, but not number of won games, but in profile it looks like if I would lose one more game. Truth is, that my opponent in first round left game after start. Before tournament, I had stats 19/24, after tournament, I have stats 21/27.

I think, it would be better to show in profile statistics number of won games and number of lost games instead of number of won games and number of total games.

1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:44 pm

Yes, this is exactly the case. All games are counted.
This is the same as with the previous case.

Yes, i guess you are right :)