My feedback, I can not play as before.

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

betascream
In-game user name: betascream

My feedback, I can not play as before.

Post by betascream » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:31 pm

Finally I came to the forum, some people know me from our group on facebook because all my venting post there.
Andy (Andrey) know me, but I want to share my opinion about the new rules.

Already gone 2 weeks and long enough to see what is not working.
In an hour before I played around 15-20 duels today in an hour I just play one duel.

Bad things: :twisted: :evil:
- Get the ranking mode and for that arena without being able to use our deck, this is terrible!

- Challenge Mode, you duel with a player once he loses to you and then he does not play more against you. That this taking my patience, I spend hours trying to play and can not in any of my elves.

-the screen shows 120 online players and 1 player to challenge, what is it?? Why not back to normal mode it shows everyone online?

- I have left to play is the arena, but my letters without even playing against my liking, we do not think to duel.

Good things: :D

- The only good thing about this update is to add new pro points rank in challenge mode and only!

Have you noticed that the tournaments have fallen enough? Before we had a lot of people dueling in tournaments at all levels, and in the last 3 tournaments, has neither player appears.

I always talk to my friends who play every day, the "senhor dos mudos" "kontol" "Barbie rogue" and no one is enjoying it.
Kontol is the player that most duels all day and not find it right over.
I'm the same no patience to wait an hour for a duel.
I closed last month with 140 or 160 victories, this month if I get to 50 will be too.

Well, this is my opinion about the change, I'm an addict player in this game, I love, I come back from work and want to play more and I can not be happy with this game.

Sorry Andy, but my outburst! :(

Roberta (betascream/Beatrix Kiddo/Heidi Klum/ Victoria Grayson Brasil)

Sorry my english, but i think you can understand :D

betascream

Re: My feedback, I can not play as before.

Post by betascream » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:08 pm

So, i would like to return the ranking mode as before. playing with our deck, just change the time of the count, for one second, so , no one will disconnect and refuse the challenge and everyone's happy and continue playing without stopping! :P

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi Roberta!

You are absolutely right. Yes, our changes lead to the result you are describing. I am considering to change everything back all the time but I am yet not fully convinced to do so. :) Please give me some more time.

We are currently working on a brand new multiplayer mode which will be awesome :)

Regarding the online numbers. Keep in mind that these are the players currently in the multiplayer sections of the game. There is no need to bother people who are playing the campaign with challenges. The total online user could was added to prove that the game is not going down as some people thought. Actually it is exactly the opposite. :)

Regarding the tournaments and the overall player presence, keep in mind that it is summer time with a world cup :) It is expected to have less opponents that during the spring or the Christmas holidays :)

Thank you for your feedback!
Once again nothing is final. We are considering everything again and again. We will most likely introduce the new stuff first and see how it is going on. I am sure you will like it!

You are one of the strongest players so all the changes are hurting you most. In the mean time these changes is helping many other players not to be disgusted by taking a constant beating :) For example I was receiving letters all time saying "why am I always fighting stronger opponents?"

Thank you once again for your dedication!
I ams sure we will sort it all out soon!

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Hello Roberta,

I would like to say my opinion on this.

First of all, I seriously doubt, you could play 15 duels (not to even mention 20) in one hour. If I assume there is 1 minute needed to find opponent for each new duel, then for 15 duels you need 15 minutes from one hour to just have opponent for dueling. It is very optimistic assumption, but lets say you are extremely lucky. Then it means, you can finish each of those 15 duels within 3 minutes to manage it within remaining 45 minutes of hour. 15 matches -> 15*1 minute for getting opponent for duel + 15*3 minutes for duel itself = 60 minutes. I am sorry, but this is highly unrealistic unless you agree with opponent that one of you will always resign duel if it takes longer than 5 minutes. Especially if you will face Elf Keeper, one duel can easily take longer than 10 minutes. With all respect, I can not believe it is possible for you to have 15 duels in one hour, unless you are dueling with one of your friends and you agreed of many duels beforehand. There is no way to manage it with "random opponents". But if you are dueling with one of your friends, it is possible in new dueling system same like before anyway.

Regarding seeing many players online, but few available for challenge, I personally like this change. It should represent players who are definitely interested in dueling. Others, who are online, but not seen in challenge room are probably not interested in dueling anyway. Being constantly challenged by others is very annoying. I speak from personal experience. Every day, when I login, somebody is challenging me and not even bothers to send me message first. I would be happy if Andrey would take even one step further and would make it possible to let player being optionally unable to be challenged. I am often online on my phone in morning and afternoon and playing on PC only in evening. It is ok for duel with AI, but if you want to have serious duel with other player, it is very difficult to do it on phone, because you can be disconnected if there is not strong signal or just paying attention to every detail is not so easy on small phone screen ... So it is no use to challenge me sooner than in evening, I will not accept it. But those players just keep challenging me again and again and I do not want to block every single player who challenges me in morning and afternoon.

I personally like new arena mode, where you can duel without your collector deck. It is fresh change from all those serious duels and it is with added randomness, which is making it more fun for certain people. At least another active player "Kaiser" shares this opinion with me.

I can understand that you are missing old rating duels and players used to duel mainly this way can miss it very much. I think, it would be nice to keep that option still in the game together with new arena as well. It would let everybody chose his favorite style of dueling. However I also understand that Andrey wanted to make dueling more popular and I understand, that in rating duels, one player could not prepare properly for facing certain opponents, because opponent was always "random". However this can be done by playing challenge duels. I find it proper, that if you can not prepare for opponent, having duel with "random cards" is good way to go - like in current Arena. If players are allowed to prepare their decks, it should be possible for opponent to be prepared to face certain opponent and his strategy. So I think, there would be probably best suitable something between challenge duel and rating game to often face new opponent without big effort to have duel, but also being able to quickly switch suitable deck to face this certain opponent, which you are going to have duel with in next few seconds. I think, that tournament is model, which is very close to this ideal. You can see your next opponents and prepare for them and you will also have guaranteed facing several opponents without need to search for somebody suitable and willing to duel.

I personally would wish there would be more players, because it would be more fun to face more original approaches to deck building or to see other new strategies or simply play with some new interesting people, but this is not so easy task. This game is not for everybody. I have seen many bad comments on google play store from "stupid people" who were not able to understand game or willing to take time to try understand it. So if you find this game interesting, you can feel being privileged as somebody, who is above majority of people. :-)

Best regards
Motylek

betascream

Post by betascream » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 pm

1mb4k4 wrote:Hi Roberta!

You are absolutely right. Yes, our changes lead to the result you are describing. I am considering to change everything back all the time but I am yet not fully convinced to do so. :) Please give me some more time.

We are currently working on a brand new multiplayer mode which will be awesome :)

Regarding the online numbers. Keep in mind that these are the players currently in the multiplayer sections of the game. There is no need to bother people who are playing the campaign with challenges. The total online user could was added to prove that the game is not going down as some people thought. Actually it is exactly the opposite. :)

Regarding the tournaments and the overall player presence, keep in mind that it is summer time with a world cup :) It is expected to have less opponents that during the spring or the Christmas holidays :)

Thank you for your feedback!
Once again nothing is final. We are considering everything again and again. We will most likely introduce the new stuff first and see how it is going on. I am sure you will like it!

You are one of the strongest players so all the changes are hurting you most. In the mean time these changes is helping many other players not to be disgusted by taking a constant beating :) For example I was receiving letters all time saying "why am I always fighting stronger opponents?"

Thank you once again for your dedication!
I ams sure we will sort it all out soon!
Thank you ;)

betascream

Post by betascream » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Motylek

I may have exaggerated, but 10 to 15 duel is possible in an hour, even if it is a elf keeper warrior like mine in some duels I finish the battle does not last 3 rounds or 3 minutes if you skip the animation.

look my picture, some games in 3 minutes! 12 duel in a hour
https://www.facebook.com/roberta.abraha ... 4195005147

The arena mode can be a nice way for me he can continue, but to return to the ranking mode, that we can use our deck. So, having 3 modes and more options for the players, it would be great!

Actually scored low in tournaments this happening the world cup, I myself took a missing, but for that reason and also upset and no patience to wait an hour to play a duel when I come back from work.

anyway let's wait a little longer then

Obrigado! ;)

betascream

Post by betascream » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:35 pm

betascream

Post by betascream » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Just one more thing!

the ranking mode is the best mode to play, because, we dont know who we gonna duel! Its a surprise!! Just, Please decrease the count before the fight begins!!! That the reason nobody disconnects and have to fight!

by myself, I see online kaiser or orwul and I'm nervous until duel against them, for me, they are the two strongest players in the entire game, but even so I enter the game ranking! This is nice, so it is good to play, have the surprise of the challenge not knowing who you'll duel.

if come back ranking mode, please decrease the count before the duel start! put one second, and nobody can disconnects!!

Ah! I forgot to mention one more good thing about the challenge mode, I see a player wanting to duel the level 90, I always look at his profile to see the skills, but that player does not have any skills so I use my elf level of 60 to challenge and i win easy! That's good you gain more experience and point ranking, because the opponent is 30 levels higher than yours!

this is a good thing, but does not work more than two duels, because the opponent does not play with me anymore because he knows he will lose.

so the ranking mode still remains the best option game! :D