Guilds and Conquer

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

betascream
In-game user name: betascream

Re: Guilds and Conquer

Post by betascream » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:49 pm

I like that Moty!
with that ideia, a lot of players can join the guilds and participate!! dosematter if stronger or not, need to be active!!!
My guild have only 6, but i have a lot of guys that i want to join my guild, but for now, if they come we dont gonna have chance versus the others, but if all guild do that same, gonna be good!

Skill Hunter
In-game user name: Skill Hunter

Post by Skill Hunter » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:54 pm

Hi all
well i shall say my ideas again :|
it's a good idea to have a number of members that can occupy a certain number of territory's :)
and i think it's even great if you can move them from one territory to another ;)
that mean not all the guild members will attack the same territory and also it would mean not all the guild member will defend the same territory only the one that they are in it
in that case you will have to have more members in your guild making this game more fun also it would be better if the guild can't attack any territory's but the one near it
that way it would be more like a strategy mode not just fighting mode
moving members around the map and having a certain number of territory's based on how many member you have
will make the conquer mode much fun also :D

Waynek the Strongest
In-game user name: Waynek the Strongest

Post by Waynek the Strongest » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Definitely Aleatory's idea is a good one, just need to find some maths formula to chose the number of territory one guild can hold (and improve roleplay if possible).
One for one would still be too much in my opinion, I'd rather think of either a binding factor (either 1,5 or 2, would be fine) or a (n-a) formula, "n" being the number of member of the guild, and "a" some positive number, 2 for example (making an exception for two persons guild that could still hold 1 territory).

To go even further, I thought of something else.
What about leaving a certain number of members on each territory, and when an enemy guild attacks that territory, their champions (meaning those who will actually fight the defenders) get a bonus +1 might/resistance/regeneration per additionnal attackers higher than a certain level (60 for example) up to a cap (10 for example), divided amongst them and rounded up.

I am not sure I am clear, so I ll take an example:
A guild attacks as 8 on a territory defended by 3
Which means 5 more attackers than defenders.
Those who fight the three defenders would get a +2 bonus to their might/resistance/regeneration (+2= 5(number of additionnal attackers)/3(number of defenders) rounded up) for those fights.
Figures are just given as example, and yet to be balanced.

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:40 pm

Hello,

I am strongly against that idea. Generally offense is always more difficult than defense. Please think what is purpose of forts/fortresses? Defenders can in significantly smaller number hold their ground against huge number of attackers. I am against any manipulation with stats like might/resistance/regeneration. It is directly affecting fighting capabilities. And if there should be some manipulation, it should be in favor of defenders depending on number of day province being hold in their possession. It reflects time reserve for preparation against attack. So the easiest would be to attack province which was conquered day ago and the hardest it would be to conquer province being hold at least 4 days or more by same guild. If there should be some advantage for attackers, it should be in form of extra HP. Attackers can often get new extra reinforcements, while defenders are in siege and can count only on themselves.

But as I said above, I do not like any manipulation with numbers like that.(MIG/RES/REG) It would degrade effort of proper hero development. Players who has not good and tuned character, but are in big number should not get boosted fighting capabilities just for that. They only have more bodies -> more HP. Generally in reality advantage of boosted fighting capabilities is always on side of prepared defenders.

Best regards
Motylek

Waynek the Strongest

Post by Waynek the Strongest » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Well, I am unsure my solution is a good one, yet in reality, if an attacking army is twice as much as a defending army, their chances to win are higher. Even if defenders have had time to get ready.
Another example, in real life, no matter how good is a swordman, he won't beat ten opponents at once, even if they are less good. My intention would be to get this in game. I have not said my solution was a good one.
Oh, and to avoid abuses, I proposed a cap, like for example any additionnal attackers above the 8th one would have no effect.
After all, it does not seem so stupid to me in terms of realism.
If you trust one or two men to defend against ten... then these men must be much much stronger than any of their enemies. If you don't, just let some more people to defend the place, that's logical as well.

On the other hand, a man that singlehandedly defend against 20people, having no disadvantage from the fact he is alone, sounds rather foolish.

I repeat once more, my solution may not be good, yet in terms of roleplay, in my opinion, this is a problem.

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Another example, in real life, no matter how good is a swordsman, he won't beat ten opponents at once, even if they are less good.
Exactly, so he would face them one by one, not all at once.
Why were rounded stairways in castles so narrow? If attackers go through first line of defense, they will not be able to use advantage of numbers inside castle.
Also do you know historical battle at Thermopylae? Or did you see movie 300? That movie is very historically inaccurate and more stylized to fantasy than history, but it gives very good idea of good defense plan. Both in movie and in history, Greek army which was outnumbered at least 20 to 1 was defeated only because of betrayal of local person, who showed Persians way to back of Greek army.

So in reality, good swordsman on defense can defeat 10 attackers, because he will not face them in open space all at once. In case of battle where defender is prepared, it is defender, who is deciding conditions like place of fight, surrounding terrain, defensive fortifications, prepared defensive traps ..... Attacker is deciding only time of fight, nothing else.

So to summarize it up, my opinion is that attackers can get bonus HP depending on their numbers and defenders can get boosted stats depending on time how long they hold defended province, but I would rather like to avoid any changes to numbers.

But enough of my talk, other readers, if you are interested on this theme, please comment too.

Best regards
Motylek

Waynek the Strongest

Post by Waynek the Strongest » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:08 pm

I actually like your idea. In fact I was actually thinking of some defenders advantages without finding any good way, but yours is good.

Oh and by the way, I could give you other examples of wars where defenders were outnumbered and still won the war (Persian wars would be the first to come to my mind). But most of the time, they lose. That's a fact.

Back to subject, after thinking a little more, it is true that numbers are to be changed carefully. Just need to see arena, the game mode has no interest because it is not based on your actual skill and character building.
But in our case of guild and conquest, I still think there should be roleplay and realism involved. But that, we have plenty time to think and discuss, and top priority on this mode would be applying Aleatory's idea

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:17 pm

Yes, I think, there is no doubt about it. So far there are only positive feedbacks on Aleatory's idea and not even one negative. That idea is clear, logical and natural. Thumb up from me. :-)

Skill Hunter
In-game user name: Skill Hunter

Post by Skill Hunter » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:41 pm

hi all
i just wanted to say that jane guild has the entire map under their territory's in the NA server
so i was wondering what comes now ??
oh did i said they had only 2 members when they did it and now after the conquer all they have four members :mrgreen: