IMMOBILIZE CARD (Human rogue)

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

betascream
In-game user name: betascream

IMMOBILIZE CARD (Human rogue)

Post by betascream » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:17 am

Please, you could give double check that card and decrease the combo, the other special cards are very disadvantaged with this card :cry:

Skill Hunter
In-game user name: Skill Hunter

Re: IMMOBILIZE CARD (Human rogue)

Post by Skill Hunter » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi
Um beta all races got duration special cards but human dont so while every race got duration combo humans dont
Orcs and archer get very poweful might cards and with duration that mean it got double effect
Knights got very powerful hp card it called last stand and it is really a stand i mean increase you hp by 90 and another 70 of the combo choise that powerful and so does keepers they maybe dont have a powerful attack with there special card but still they got duration by 3 and its both def and regen while rogues without the combo there special is really useless !!
So why does every one sayes that rogues are over powered ??
I think it balanced really

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:13 pm

Hello,

I already mentioned this as problem few months ago in
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=716#p1284
Immobilize IV is (depending on your amount of energy) your opponent will not play anything for duration of one turn. If it is properly timed in critical moment, it is again one card game over supporting ability. I would suggest to make special card with different effect. All other special cards are related to dealing damage directly or indirectly (adding bonus damage, adding extra hit points, increasing resistance and regeneration) but Immobilize is only card which is not related to dealing damage, but it directly affect capability of playing cards at all.
Skill Hunter, Beta is exclusively mentioning combo, while you are mentioning special card without combo. You for sure know, that it is the most powerful and devastating combo from all special cards combos of all classes. No class has even remotely comparable combo effect to combo with Immobilize.

Best regards
Motylek

betascream
In-game user name: betascream

Post by betascream » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:37 am

Yes i agree with Motylek, the problem is the combo is too much stronger, and all the other cards dont do the same, they need to review this card and decrease the power!

Skill Hunter

Post by Skill Hunter » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:40 pm

Ok i get it but still you are talking about the combo i understand its strong combo and takes your ep 8-) :D
But still without the combo the card is usless really taking 163 ep for one turn is not that big deal :( :cry:
if it hasnt a poweful combo than whats the use of it any way :?: :?: :?: :!: ?? You can play any special card of any char archer.keeper.knight.orc and it still got some impact in it even without the combo !!
But rogue playing the special card alone is pointless :o :x :x
that why you dont see most rogues use it without combo ;) 8-)

By the way i still think it a balanced game and i still dont know why ecery one keep saying that rogues are OP

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Post by Essence Team » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:49 am

In addition to what Skill Hunter said, I will add something else. Yes, the special-card-combo of the Human Rogue is uniquely powerful (and more powerful than those of the correspondent special-card-combos of the other character classes). But this is deliberately designed. 1.5 years ago the Human Rogue was highly underpowered and this was one of the small boosts that it got in order to increase its overall strength. Also Immobilize is the sole special card that has duration 1, which means that neither it nor its combos can be boosted with increase duration cards.

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Immobilize is the sole special card that has duration 1, which means that neither it nor its combos can be boosted with increase duration cards.
I am sorry, but it has hidden 2 turns duration. It will hurt very much on turn, it is triggered and then it will prevent opponent to do anything except playing own special card for 0 energy, while Rogue can play any hard hitting combo he wants in next turn. It has effect even worse than one turn duration Honor Guidance. This is what it makes so powerful duel finisher. I personally think that either Energy reduction should be smaller in combo or damage dealt should be smaller in combo of Immobilize. Those 2 effects of Immobilize combo packed together are bone-breaking,

Best regards
Motylek

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:03 pm

I did not get the issue the "hidden 2 turns"?
When you play it, it does nothing in the current turn. It applies its effect on the second turn and is removed from the board.

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:18 pm

Ok, I will try to explain it more clearly.

In turn T+0 both players will play their cards. Rogue will play his Immobilize combo. At end of turn all cards will be resolved and opponent will get lots of damage.

In next turn T+1 table is cleared and Rogue can play any combo he can put on table in one turn, while opponent is just sadly watching with 0 energy, what will Rogue do with him. Only thing that opponent can do is playing special card for 0 Energy. Beside that, he can not do anything, it is like he skipped his turn and thus Rogue gets extra turn, so this is virtual 2 turns duration combo. To the effect of immobilize combo will be added to effect of combo that Rogue will play next turn without any interference from opponent.

Or in other words, Rogue will play immobilize combo and some other combo in next turn, while opponent will manage to play something in first turn, but plays nothing in next turn. It is like 2 hit combo in Mortal Kombat. Opponent can not do anything in the middle of triggered combo.

I hope I explained it alittle better now.

Best regards
Motylek

Skill Hunter

Post by Skill Hunter » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Ok motylek i get it
but still its one hit combo while every one have 2 duration combo which can be increased
Its balanced you cant just talk about the combo its self like i already said the card alone is really useless so it better got some heavy impact with the combo
By the way that combo is what i use to win cause its almost impossible to beat high lvl keepers with alot of regeneration without it
While keepers got regeneration and orcs and archer got might and knight got both might and defence
Rouges got only defence and its not easy to use it
Every one got a combo or a card to decrease the defence to almost 0 no matteer what was that defence
So if that combo gone or decreased there effect than what the point of rogues special card ??
Its useless to use defend and you dont want us to use immobilize so how should we win any way ???
If that was taken away than i think every char should not have all that card that decreaces defend so we can at least use our defend
Or it just keep it like this way and keep the balance :D ;)