how is " slay the beast" reward calculated

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Re: how is " slay the beast" reward calculated

Post by 1mb4k4 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Motylek wrote: Does it mean, that there will be no gold when player is defeated by beast? Only winning fight with beast would give gold reward?
Yes Motylek, this is what i mean. The beast should be a cooperative challenge rather than a gold mine. I imagined it as a challenge where a team of friends fight it to get the reward.
What do you think about this?

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:49 pm

Hello Andrey,

I think it is more natural your suggested way. Reward should "fall out from the slayed beast" (Maybe beast was guarding some treasure.), not that somebody comes close to beast and take something from beast while it is alive ... It reminds me saying about "making portion shares of a bear, which is still running in the woods".

I support idea of getting reward only after the beast is dead. It would be also consistent with other activities in game. Players do not get gold from PVP or PVE duels if they lose, they get only limited number of XP. But since the beast is not giving XP in general, getting gold only when beast is dead and player is victorious, is making it consistent with rest of game and I like things being consistent. :-)

Best regards
Motylek

janerule
In-game user name: janerule

Post by janerule » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:15 am

Motylek wrote:Hello Andrey,

I think it is more natural your suggested way. Reward should "fall out from the slayed beast" (Maybe beast was guarding some treasure.), not that somebody comes close to beast and take something from beast while it is alive ... It reminds me saying about "making portion shares of a bear, which is still running in the woods".

I support idea of getting reward only after the beast is dead. It would be also consistent with other activities in game. Players do not get gold from PVP or PVE duels if they lose, they get only limited number of XP. But since the beast is not giving XP in general, getting gold only when beast is dead and player is victorious, is making it consistent with rest of game and I like things being consistent. :-)

Best regards
Motylek
Let me state a few things first: 1)This game is not "Hearth Stone" kind of popular; 2)due to the fact that different time zone exist and there will be certain beast have very few player participate slaying. Let me give a example: there're only 3 player slaying the beast cause the server only have 40 players at that time.( This is true and A fact I encounter)

So I was dueling the elf keeper beast and it have 45 regeneration and consonantly using healing spell, after I use all my combo, basically my whole collector deck. Although I deal over 1500 damage it still have over 1500 HP, Then I have two choices left: one is to surrender and got the gold and start again or second I could wait a few round till it kills me and get A little more gold due to the round counts.

If I got nothing because I surrender or being kill while the beast still alive, then all my 1500 damages would all for none. Let's assume that another strong player joint the game later then me, so while my 1500 damage have been dealt and I waiting for die he just start his combo and before he kill the beast I being kill by the beast, since I lose then I got nothing but the other player dealt his damage and got the double reward due to the fact that he dealt the most damage cause mine didn't count. As if my damage reward being transfer to the other player only due to the fact that he joint the slaying later than me. ( where is the early bird reward ?)

So I think the "loser got nothing" is unjust to certain players At this period of the game while the server wasn't crowded with players. This should only work when the game is very popular or the time zone which suit majority of the players is on then this method is good to go. 'Cause many players attack at once will give the beast no chance to beat you during its life period unless U are very weak.

Skill Hunter
In-game user name: Skill Hunter

Post by Skill Hunter » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:07 pm

HI
So i read your comment good thought by the way i like it when the beast become stronger even better when he become smarter but still
I just killed the beast with cruster just the two of us while i hit the beast more than him i he still get much more gold than me cause of the ( secret ) you put andrey which i think its not fair for rogues so if you are about to make a decision about no gold till the beast is dead don't you think it's better if you make things even cause it sucks to beat the beast and still live to get rewarded with 100 gold cause most of rogue don't fight beast since it's useless to them

1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:13 am

@Skill Hunter,
Yes, i will try to make the rewarding even and the beast stronger. Currently the only option is to rise his stats even further.

@janerule
If you can beat the beast, you should not fight it by yourself. You should organize with some players in the lobby and fight it together. The beast is a multiplayer mode, it should emphasize multiplayer activity. Yes, sometimes there are no players online willing to do this which is OK. But, people use it to gain gold as if it as a hourly quest or something :)
What do you think about this?

@Motylek
Yes, indeed it is not very consistent. But It is the only mode where your reward is calculated from your actions. Maybe this reward should be reduced a lot and a constant prize for killing the beast should be introduced...

raizeno
In-game user name: Raizeno

Post by raizeno » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:36 am

well I don't know how it's calculated but tonight I fought the beast and I only survived for 3 rounds and did around 150 dmg and got 1500 gold

after I died I joined the battle again managed to do around 300 dmg over 4-5 rounds and got 174 gold reward so HOW HOW HOW ?

my question to you is : are there any random multipliers in the gold reward formula if yes what is the range ? cause I can't explain how with 150 dmg I get 1500 gold and sometimes with 1000 dmg I get 300 -400 gold

1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:27 pm

No there aren't any random factors. Just a mixture of turns, damage, defense and healing.
I won't tell the exact formula, because everybody will milk the beast :)

Regards,

raizeno
In-game user name: Raizeno

Post by raizeno » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:15 pm

some beast go well occasionaly
beast.png
happy beast
beast.png (186.12 KiB) Viewed 9252 times

1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:52 pm

I want to report a little change.

As there is so much mystery regarding the beast rewards and some players learned how to "milk" the beast and get thousands of gold.
This makes the others who don't know how to do the trick angry (which is of course normal).
Anyway, this is not fair. The whole idea was to make a rewarding system that gives gold based on the hero impact in the beast fight...

So as of now:
The beast rewards are limited to maximum of 2k gold for the player who did the most damage in the fight, all others get 1k gold at max.
If you loose against the beast your reward will be 500 gold at max.

Regards,

Motylek
In-game user name:

Post by Motylek » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:42 pm

Hello Andrey,

I understand reasons, why you set limits, but I think that those limits are not proportionally right. Yes, player who did the most damage was always getting double in slay the beast, but when you are changing things now, you do not have to keep old conventions which were set under different situation. I would say, that limit for player who did the most damage should be 150% of player who did normal win and player who lost should get just 33% of player who did normal win. To me that feels more proper.

Comparison ...
current caps:
the most damage and win - 200%
normal win - 100%
lose - 50%

my proposed caps:
the most damage and win - 150%
normal win - 100%
lose - 33%

My "reasons why" are that:
Player who did the most damage is simply getting too much, more than he should deserve. Getting 50% more than normal winner is more fair than getting 100% more.
Player who lost to beast is also getting too much. Some players are losing on purpose, so they can duel with beast 3 times per day instead of 1 time per day like they would, if they would win first duel right away. You can check statistics and you will see it is happening. Those players who are losing with beast on purpose should be discouraged from doing it.

On the other hand, I think, that currently set limits are not feeling good not only in relative numbers, but in absolute numbers as well. Slay the beast is high level players content. It is nothing for heroes below level 60. And as high level content, it should have starting line a little higher. I would propose following numbers...
- 1500 gold for normal win as base line
- 2250 gold for the most damage and win (150% of normal win)
- 500 gold for lose (~33% of normal win)

Even if you would not like absolute numbers which I proposed, please consider changing relative proportions as I suggested in first part of my post. I really think that 200-100-50 model is not too suitable.

Motylek