Excuse me sir, may I have back Rank Mode?

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

Kotori Acadius
In-game user name:

Excuse me sir, may I have back Rank Mode?

Post by Kotori Acadius » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:07 am

Hello Essence team and fellow forum members,

I would like to propose my beloved game mode back, Even though Arena mode was what replaced it, im not satisfied with the end results. When I first tried this game mode I easy pick up that there are some charaters have an advantage over others at certain lvs.

Lvs 1-20 Human Knight Exceed
There hard hitting base cards add with great resistance cards made it easy for these fellows to plow through the little hp others have.

Lvs 21-40 Elf Range Exceed
Since now the elf has more ep and health by now she has the full liberty to use all of the Range class tricks like energy,regeneration,resistance, damage reduction with the add bonus of better offensive capabilities then the rogue.
By this time knights get handicapped by his lack of ep because of focus of might to get quick kills.

Lv 41-99 Elf Keepers Exceed
Elf keepers by this time have great regeneration,letting them heal every damage other classes can muster, since this game is all about chance its very unlikely for the opposing player to draw the necessary cards to prevent regeneration, also elf keepers have superior board control because of "sunset","bear spirit","soulliftting", and a bonus duration card of +2,keep every other character stun locked by her unending card stacking, also add into account the character skills she has obtain and you have an unbeatable opponent who only other match is another Elf Keeper.

Putting that aside though Arena mode isn't what I expected, I thought it would be like I envisioned rank mode to be. A game mode were USER SKILL is actually what achieves victory, where character skills doesnt come into play, where you have to out maneuver and out bluff your opponent keep them always guessing, not like it is now were I always now that on the thrid turn your going to play royal blood combo, it gets tedious knowing what will happen next just hoping you get a dispel that turn.

But dont get me wrong Arena mode has a fun concept,letting luck dictate who wins,but if you factor in additional stats from skills it doesnt become a game a chance anymore more like crooked back alley card game were thug always wins becuase of marked cards....

Case end point: im dissatisfied with arena,would like a new modified rank mode like before but with skills being deactivated and if possible a minimum deck number,with double rewards then a regular fight since these battles take more thought to it.

Thank you for your time,

*fingers crossed in hopes of dream coming true*

Motylek
In-game user name:

Re: Excuse me sir, may I have back Rank Mode?

Post by Motylek » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Hello,

For my own reasons, I will be briefer this time, without trying lengthy explanations. All what I write is representing my own opinion without usurpating to have monopol for truth.

Elf Keepers are starting much weaker than any other race/class and go up slower than Kotori Acadius thinks. Elf Keepers are force to count with since level 70, no way to be even close to domination at level 41.

Sunset is totally outshined by Strategy Excellence, tho onle one card in whole game, which adds skill bonuses both to increase your and decrease your opponents cards duration. (All other similar cards get only skill bonus of + or -, but not both in same time.) Bear Spirit is problem for Melee class, it is useless against Ranged or Caster class. Soullifting is equivalent to other classes cards with extra little boost that shows defensive and peaceful nature of Elf Keepers. Other classes have small advantages in other series of similar cards.

Elf Keepers do not play Royal Blood combo at third turn. If they do, they are playing it wrong or there are very unusual circumstances or both players are still below level 70.

Skills are part of game. It is no subset of optional rules and I do not understand repeated attempts to remove them from game. Removing them from some mode or whole game would be just "positive discrimination" to help beginners or weak players. I am sorry for being honest.

Making mode which gives double rewards in comparison to other modes is pure nonsense. I am sorry for being honest.

Forcing minimum size of deck is almost nonsense, it could be only questionably useful as "positive discrimination" to help beginners or weak players. I am sorry for being honest.

I think that current Arena mode is not so popular as I was imagining at start. I would not be sad if it would be replaced by some other mode, which would be more attractive to players.
I am all the time thinking about possibility to have some kind of league (Tournament continuing through fixed number of weeks with one paired match (2 wins duel) between participating players per week.), but I am afraid, there is need to have higher number of people playing this game.

I apologize beforehand if I offended somebody.

Best regards
Motylek

Kotori Acadius
In-game user name:

Post by Kotori Acadius » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:05 pm

I'm fine that you disagree, no need to apologize

What I am seeking is a middle ground for all players you see...
The reason I think Skills should be deactivated in my opinion,is the sake of fairness for all.let me give you a scenario

Opponent has focused on mostly obtaining Tactics to lv 3, and tactic mastey to lv 4,with a nice buff slot of 5. With just these skills three things have been negated already before the match has started,

○Debuffing cards dont save us form combos since at most we can only naturally take out 2 maybe 4,while your freely to wipe away those cards with one cripple,sunset,etc.

○your tactics lv 3 gives you 3 bonus active hand so strategy like dispel combo and roar wont force you to discard your cards,it will take two roars to get the effect of one,remember you still have sunset in play with its duration of 2 you decide to increase its duration that will be +2 from your card and an additional +2 from skills,make the sunset a duration of 5 which is constantly reducing by 3, handicapping anyone who doesn't have dispel or person who doesnt have tactis mastery lv 4 also

○the card "Sunset" is actually pretty powerful since it can stay on the board and be added duration to it keeping opponents assistance cards of the field,cards necessary to preform a combo are also taken out since even with strategic excellence on field its a +3 -3 if you have the same skills, it isnt enough to wipe away sunset which has a duration of 1 after end result

All I want is a battle at even ground, just because players who don't have enough skills as you or in my case lose interest at high lvs,don't make us beginners/weak. everyone has the same potential its just the skill difference between most players can't overcome it, even with every possible method your bonus stats completely negate most combos.

as for minimum deck its a little absurd I know I can take it or leave just puting out there...

Bonus rewards I thinks is a nice trade because in the old Rank mode you didnt know who you are fighting so you're not prepared beforehand, also the deactivated skills will more likely off put players who have them since they have grown accustomed to them in there battles and will feel out of place without them so here gomes the double rewards to incentives you to play if you can get maybe 500 gold per match you can fund your skills even more.
Last edited by Kotori Acadius on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skill Hunter
In-game user name: Skill Hunter

Post by Skill Hunter » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:05 am

Hi all
Since the beginning i wasn't a big fan of the arena it's not because that one char or one race rolled the arena :geek: no
It was because of the removing personal deck i spent so many time and gold to have mentality and extra myth cards :oops: :x
So did every powerful player so removing that wasn't really in my opinion a good move cause i really don't get
Now the ranking is based on arena and challenge mode but mainly arena so how could we ranked as players if we didn't use our own cards our own strategy our own tactics ?? :?:
I played arena 7 times and i didn't losses any and in all the time i played i founded boring i kept playing the cards i had cause you really can't have a strategy if you had no idea that's what cards are coming !! :!:
My first three duels in arena mode it was against keepers
Who with each duel took half hour to finish it
Half hour for each duel ?!?! It was so exhausting and boring at the same time
Now i don't really hate the arena mode i just don't like it because of one thing really
It is a new mode unusual mode it's ok i can't disagree with that but
I just don't think our ranking should depends on it
I liked the rank mode much better cause you and your opponents are both coming full strength
Not like arena depends on luck most of the time

Oh by the way kotori i think that taking away the skills is a worst than taking away the personal deck
Cause now you want us to be ranked not by our strength no but by our luck really
Most of the same char will use the same deck so who draws the best cards first he is the winner and beside that
Did i trained my skills to the max and spent so many work and time and gold on them for nothing ??
I was upset when the update took away my cards in this mode so it made my 100 k gold that spent on myth card the gold which i spend on some of the skills like mentality uselessly you want to take all the skills away?? Why then you want the double reward ?? For what you won't need gold much really since you won't need it to upgrade your skills and why will you
You are already being ranked without the skills which makes new players have no interest in skills :?
You want to compare me or any player who had been playing this game for 3 or 4 months at least with a player who played the game for 3 days and just finished campaign ?? I find it rather unfair and i would really feel betrayaled if that happened cause that means all my stats must be changed :P :o

Kotori Acadius
In-game user name:

Post by Kotori Acadius » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:40 am

@Skill hunter
Yes it maybe discouraging for a player as yourself and other like you, however your skill difference off puts many players you try to challenge no? They avoid you at almost every corner since to them the battle surely seems like a fool's errand, so if you spent most of your time waiting for the select few players who you know are close league with you to battle, which is around 8 sadly....

Now if we deactivated skills, players of all kinds will feel more comfortable fighting you, thus giving you more opportunities for battles and having a jolly good time :mrgreen:

As for the similar cards and luck value, isn't this already part of the game, there is a meta for each character and everyone will use the cards which result in a quick victory! So I really don't see why you have a problem with this....it already boils down to playing mythicals to lower enough hp so you can finish him/her off with royal blood combo, while the receiving side is hope he can cancel you with dispel combo or reduce your pure damage enough to block it. Seems pretty much like luck that you draw the right cards at the right time to defend or attack...

(We need more card variety to fix this problem)

Either way im suggesting an option for you and many others for more battle opportunities,and if you lost in said battle it was because you were out played not because of skills difference
Last edited by Kotori Acadius on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Skill Hunter
In-game user name: Skill Hunter

Post by Skill Hunter » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Hi kotori
Um it's actually 3 or 2 players who fights me now i rarely have a duel these days and i don't like arena much :lol:
If you were suggest anew option i think it should not be in the ranking system cause it don't measure the powerful of the players so it should be new mode to fight with other players without skills and i don't think it's a bad idea :D
But i think arena should be back to the ranking mode which you can use your cards and skills and be ranked in the ranking board and i really think they should do something with the drops cause i got bad connection sometimes and am out of ranking because of it
Now motylek is a good player but he don't duel against me cause of the ranking system because am out of rank so if he lose his rank will drop highly so even in conquer mode he choose another char and surrender which i think it's sad cause the system has denied us from having a good duel i know it's a different topic but i had to say it :(

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:33 pm

Hi Kotori,
Initially my idea was to remove the skills from the arena also. But, i left it this way to see what will happen. The arena is mainly for new and casual players who do not invest a lot in their characters.
Now I am convinced that skills should be removed from arena.

To all strong players,
As I replied to Motylek in the other topic, i will change the score/favor to be more fair, would you then play more challenges between each other? :)
Regarding the old ranking mode. Well, let me put it this way only the strongest players who are feared from the others insist on getting it back :)
Yes, it was very fun for you to win a lot, but it is clearly not fair from the weaker players perspective :)

Regards,

kaiser
In-game user name: Victor Rivera

Post by kaiser » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:52 am

I believe that the best solution will be a mode where the calmness attribute for all the cards do not exist. That will be amazing, make any combo since the beginning or wait until the end will be a great "new breath" to the game.
That's my idea, don't you think will be great, get out of the monotonie that everyone know that after turn 3 the game start to be interesting. Like the old times :D

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:45 am

And everybody will play with 10 cards enough for 2-3 of the most powerful combos and then either win or drop ... :)

kaiser
In-game user name: Victor Rivera

Post by kaiser » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:05 am

1mb4k4 wrote:And everybody will play with 10 cards enough for 2-3 of the most powerful combos and then either win or drop ... :)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You will be the best Dev if you do that!!!!

10 cards until the end!! And all the others cards from random decks :twisted: :twisted:

Most of people will try to bring the heroic cards for each race and 1 dispel if everything goes bad, lol.

And 1 or 2 combos for make difference, but another good strategies well be bring cards like epics or higher to make combos with normal and rare cards spammed by the random deck, it is a lot of different options even with 10 cards :mrgreen: