Excuse me sir, may I have back Rank Mode?

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

Kotori Acadius
In-game user name:

Re: Excuse me sir, may I have back Rank Mode?

Post by Kotori Acadius » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:18 am

kaiser wrote:
1mb4k4 wrote:And everybody will play with 10 cards enough for 2-3 of the most powerful combos and then either win or drop ... :)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You will be the best Dev if you do that!!!!

10 cards until the end!! And all the others cards from random decks :twisted: :twisted:

Most of people will try to bring the heroic cards for each race and 1 dispel if everything goes bad, lol.

And 1 or 2 combos for make difference, but another good strategies well be bring cards like epics or higher to make combos with normal and rare cards spammed by the random deck, it is a lot of different options even with 10 cards :mrgreen:

Please don't take this into consideration, I dont support this nor do I want to go back reminiscing the dark days of 2013 where people won in pretty much one or two turns.There is no fun in that,only tedious battles

1mb4k4
In-game user name: 1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:26 am

Yes, it won't happen :)

ShowNoMercy
In-game user name: Show No Mercy

Great move Andrey

Post by ShowNoMercy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:36 am

I think Arena should be similar to sealed deck in magic the gathering, where playing skill must weight more than anything else.
So, I should consider levelling other ability too.

Let's say we are 2 level 50 players:

A 30 might Archer will be overpowered same for 30 regeneration keeper even without skills.

A solution may be to limit players to spend a certain % to other skill too, to level the strength of players, a 20 resistance rogue is not unbalanced as a 20 might archer in arena.

so even if in challenge you have a 30 might archer,in arena you'll have for example a 10 might archer with some resistance and some Regent.

This way you have to count on your playing skill and your patience to wait for combos.

Think about that.

Thanks

Show No Mercy - Guild ITALIA

1mb4k4

Re: Great move Andrey

Post by 1mb4k4 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:26 pm

ShowNoMercy wrote: A 30 might Archer will be overpowered same for 30 regeneration keeper even without skills.
I am really not sure about this :)
Unless you are below 30HP the regeneration will negate the effect of the might.
Also the might can be discarded with reduce damage easily, it is like bonus.
So it really depends...
Did anyone test this?

kaiser
In-game user name: Victor Rivera

Post by kaiser » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Actually that example is not disadvantage actually Archer vs keeper it balance Archer have the mythical card attack for reduce heal and keeper have chances to pick a mystify or his mythical buff to reduce at least 10 bonus might. So for me seems balance.

raizeno
In-game user name: Raizeno

Post by raizeno » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:18 am

Well my oppinion is that for arena to become interesting it must go in the direction that hearthstone is ( and yes I know this is not hearthstone ) . But playing arena requires no skill its just luck of draw that doesn't say anything about the players value .

but let say you introduce a system similar to hearthstone where at the start of the battle you spend 5 minutes creating a deck of let's say 30 cards each card being selected by choice from 3 given random options . This way you can differentiate a player who knows his combos and the game and knows how to build a proper deck from one that plays the most powerfull card that he draws .

In my opinion this is the only way Arena will be worth spending time on else why will I go and engage in a game of luck that could last 30 minutes . Card games should be about deck building skills period.

And regarding the rankings arena should not take place in the rankings since it doesn't represent the value of a player as it is as this moment . It should have a ranking of it's own .
To be honest none of the rankings show how good a player is . All the rankings show wich player is more active more activity results more wins results more score results more gold and more experience .

Also removing skills seems like a hit to high lvl players if you are going to remove the skills you could go as far as removing the stats too and have a standard hp and energy for all players so that a lvl 1 can battle a lvl 90 . Else myself as a high lvl player why did i spend hours after hours on this game earning gold and waiting months for skills to upgrade ? Where is my reward in being a dedicated player ? Skills should remain and the matching should be done by score . Yes if u have high skills and good deck building skills then you will be rank 1 why should a new player be rank 1 just because he defeats other new players if you are good you get matched with stronger players until you end up in the rank you truly deserve .

ShowNoMercy

Re: Great move Andrey

Post by ShowNoMercy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:52 pm

1mb4k4 wrote:
ShowNoMercy wrote: A 30 might Archer will be overpowered same for 30 regeneration keeper even without skills.
I am really not sure about this :)
Unless you are below 30HP the regeneration will negate the effect of the might.
Also the might can be discarded with reduce damage easily, it is like bonus.
So it really depends...
Did anyone test this?

I'll try to be clearer.

Any hero with a bonus damage of 30, or a keeper with a regeneration of 30 will have a great advantage in arena against humans.
And if I set my knight so high in might it will suffer anyway because don't have all the great damage cards an archer or an orc has.
Rogue in arena have totally no chance.

The fact that u negate a character like rogue to be competitive in arena tells you why so few players plays arena.

ShowNoMercy

Post by ShowNoMercy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:55 pm

kaiser wrote:Actually that example is not disadvantage actually Archer vs keeper it balance Archer have the mythical card attack for reduce heal and keeper have chances to pick a mystify or his mythical buff to reduce at least 10 bonus might. So for me seems balance.

As said, the problem is not elf vs elf, but elf against human. A rogue or a knight has really low chance to win in arena.

1mb4k4

Post by 1mb4k4 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:33 pm

An Elf with high amount of regeneration has a total low max HP.
Which means she is prone to a critical hit from a strong combo.
This applies for any other character investing too many points int regeneration or might.

The resistance i quite different. It applies every turn and is applied to all damage.
So a high defense human might have a good chance in arena.

Regards,