Archer's buff less combo are way too powerful in level 50-59

Discussions about the gameplay and critique regarding the current state of the game and it's features.

Moderator: Essence Team

ShowNoMercy
In-game user name: Show No Mercy

Archer's buff less combo are way too powerful in level 50-59

Post by ShowNoMercy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Andrey I want to ask you how other character are supposed to make a deck that can deal with an archer.
In level 0-59 u usually have 200/250 hp.

An archer can deal 200 damage in a single turn without buffs and spending very little in term of energy.

Precision, ferocity, shadow of forest, royal blood and name a damage card and you're set.

I tried to play dedicated decks against Lucas77 (a good player) and had no chance in any case.

See his career . Find another character with the same win/loss percentage and ill say to you that archer is balanced.
you won't find any other character with the same win/loss ratio.

All other character need buffs to deal damage, archer not.

So the deck may simply be:

4 tribute / hypersonic
3 dispel combo
1 royal blood
1 ferocity
1/2 shadow

So 20/21 cards, very easy to get that 1st turn dispel combo to negate other player to do anything

Optional:

Strategy excellence

My heroes are:

SkullKrusher
Hammer oF command
Show no mercy

Has u can see I'm not that bad that's why I hate to not be able to deal with archers.

see you
Last edited by ShowNoMercy on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Essence Team
In-game user name:

Re: Archer's buff less combo are way too powerful in level 5

Post by Essence Team » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:36 pm

Hello ShowNoMercy,

We have gathered enough statistical data for the performance of the Elf Archer (in the duels against the other characters) and we indeed observed a bias in him. Soon we will nurf several of his cards and consequently combos and justice will be done!

janerule
In-game user name: janerule

Post by janerule » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:04 pm

well, I happen to think rogue is too powerful, especially at high level, when they have 6 buff slot, that's impossible for others to control rogue's buff areas. Lets not forget that elf archer don't have any card to decrease buffs or add buffs except using combo mixing with heroic card which only +1 and -1 buff and why would anyone waste a heroic card on such a shitty increase and decrease anyway. So back to my point that archer don't need buffs to deal lots of damage but they cant easily control their opponent's buffs area. Just imaging dueling a 6 slot buffs rogue, even archer use dispel combo which is -5 buffs but with a -2 buff and +1 buff card they can still retain 2 buff slot and use shadow domination on the next two turn, when that happen, and archer don't have mythical buff card present then it's GG time for archer surely.

Yet, and dont forget rogue's two myth cards one have decrease damage -10 and another have -8 and -20 defense. since most rogue are HP built, archer's -20 defense and -20 healing really doesn't have much use, but base damage decrease, that's headache for some major damage combo right there...

ShowNoMercy
In-game user name: Show No Mercy

Post by ShowNoMercy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:23 am

janerule wrote:well, I happen to think rogue is too powerful, especially at high level, when they have 6 buff slot, that's impossible for others to control rogue's buff areas. Lets not forget that elf archer don't have any card to decrease buffs or add buffs except using combo mixing with heroic card which only +1 and -1 buff and why would anyone waste a heroic card on such a shitty increase and decrease anyway. So back to my point that archer don't need buffs to deal lots of damage but they cant easily control their opponent's buffs area. Just imaging dueling a 6 slot buffs rogue, even archer use dispel combo which is -5 buffs but with a -2 buff and +1 buff card they can still retain 2 buff slot and use shadow domination on the next two turn, when that happen, and archer don't have mythical buff card present then it's GG time for archer surely.

Yet, and dont forget rogue's two myth cards one have decrease damage -10 and another have -8 and -20 defense. since most rogue are HP built, archer's -20 defense and -20 healing really doesn't have much use, but base damage decrease, that's headache for some major damage combo right there...

Sorry mate, I'm not speaking in general, I'm talking about level 50-59 balancing.

In my opinion it may be a starting move reducing the power of ferocity precision combo.

Since its a combo with duration it may be halfed as effect and still powerful.

... The problem is to handle that 200 damage attack at turn 4.